tetra cint?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by UBkevy, Mar 10, 2011.

1. UBkevy

UBkevy Songster

May 5, 2009
    Buffalo
    I called my tsc and the said they have tetra cint chicks. I have done the chicken thing a few years and have looked into a ton of breeds but never heard of these any ideas what they are?

2. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Probably Easter Eggers. They lay tinted eggs.

3. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I think they are tetra tints. IF you do a search here you should find other people talking about them. They are TSC's hybrid brown egg layers this year.

4. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    TSC employees aren't always full of "chicken knowledge". I have had some just wing it with an answer, when I pretty much knew they were full of something else. I would go take a look at them and see what they look like. odds are they are EE's.

5. UBkevy

UBkevy Songster

May 5, 2009
    Buffalo
    haha I have noticed they tend to be clueless, I was told they had common blacks, crutins and Bahamas today haha. This is what I get for being broke when I should have ordered chicks and now all the hatcheries are sold out until july. haha I call 6 TSC in my area everyday and all I want to hear is well we have Rhode Island Reds, Black Australorp, speckled sussex and EEers and I would be super happy.

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    There's been a huge rise in this question being asked.

They're called Tetra Tints and are brown egg laying hybrids.

7. Higins00

Higins00 Songster

Nov 19, 2008
    Ct
    I just got some from my TSC they are little blonde Fuzzies seems like a cross from white leghorn and something else to be hardy good egg layers that forage good. It's a mystery.

8. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    Quote:omg what does a Bahama chick look like?? does it have tanlines?? [​IMG]

I offered to work during chick days for my TSC as a knowledgable chicken owner. If I am in there when people are looking at the chicks with the "what am I looking at" look on their faces, I usualy strike up a conversation and end up helping them with tips.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: