Tevye's Dad: Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated.

Here is a pic of my far backyard/swamp. What kind of idiot would spend thousands of dollars to purchase house and protect ducks when his yard looks like this anyway?

Of course that little boy doesn't have a name and won't eat worms out of my hand.
big_smile.png

-----
Edit: Here's a better pic.
Ha!! you're not an idiot. Yer providing a very natural environ fer yer berds.

Ha!! you're not an idiot. Yer providing a very natural environ fer yer berds.
That's not my bird. That pic was of nature's bird. A wild mallard. There were 2 pair (that I know of) that stayed in the swamp this summer. They don't come and play with our ducks, but you can see a little curiosity both ways, the wild ducks will watch our ducks and our ducks watch the wild ones.

That's not my bird.  That pic was of nature's bird.  A wild mallard.  There were 2 pair (that I know of) that stayed in the swamp this summer.  They don't come and play with our ducks, but you can see a little curiosity both ways, the wild ducks will watch our ducks and our ducks watch the wild ones.
that's interesting that they regard each other that way. What do you think the likelihood is of a wild Drake mating with one of your girls?

that's interesting that they regard each other that way. What do you think the likelihood is of a wild Drake mating with one of your girls?
With Kaine around 0.000000000000000001% and that is if the wild drake is the roughest, toughest, wahootin'est drake that ever pecked another drake right in the head.
lau.gif

Here is a picture of Allie creating quite a wake. She's racing to catch up to Tevye and Latte. Meanwhile Casey swam across Allie's nose and dove down under her (the brown smudge behind Allie.) Those 4 hang together all the time. This picture was taken in August about 3 weeks before they lost their big pool for the year.

Last edited:
That's not my bird.  That pic was of nature's bird.  A wild mallard.  They don't come and play with our ducks, but you can see a little curiosity both ways, the wild ducks will watch our ducks and our ducks watch the wild ones.

You know, it's funny how that works, isn't it? Wherever I take Wobs 'n' Bean to the park, wild crows will follow us EVERYWHERE. They'll perch on the trees closest to us and gawk, gossiping amongst each another. They're completely flummoxed to see humans and duccos living together like that!

Back
Top Bottom