Texas A&M

thomas1950

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 11, 2012
When the weather cools down some , I would like to hear from someone who has the A&M white quail . eggs how much , are they N.P.I.P. cert, thanks Thomas1950 [email protected] [ Georgia]

Just received 50 + Texas A&M eggs from James Marie Farms yesterday. Well packed and arrived cool. Only had 1 cracked. Put them in the bator today. Very large quail eggs. Robby rocks!

bow.gif
Robby Rocks!

I picked up some A&M quail from James/Marie farm a week ago. A class "A" facility to say the least. Nice folks to work with as well. Our birds are starting to feather out and are growing very well. They eat constantly.

Quail waste a LOT of feed. If you're new to quail do yourself a favor and look into "feed-saver" feeders before you get your quail. Here is a link with a couple of pics of what I've cobbled together over the past couple of days. Both work very well. Before these feeders they wasted over 75% of the feed daily. These feeders have eliminated the waste of feed.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/677845/chick-feeder

Last edited:
Well since we are on the feed waste issue I will share a little that I have experimented with and tell you the results. As you can see in the first picture it is my 90 A&M and some brown. Kurds that I just hatched last week and these boogers are growing fast. I started out by feeding them with the green feeder in the lower corner and all the feed was on the ground the next morning. I was a little ****** to say the least knowing about how much feed I would be losing. So I went to the store and picked up the long fold top trough type. I can honestly tell you that I have not lost one rumble of feed since using this one. This morning I thought I would try the green one again and when I got home from work, not to my surprise all the feed was in the bottom. It's a waste.
aa017647.jpg

4a195aec.jpg
[/quote]

I picked up some A&M quail from James/Marie farm a week ago. A class "A" facility to say the least. Nice folks to work with as well. Our birds are starting to feather out and are growing very well. They eat constantly.

Sad news to report. I dog got into the area housing the quail (hanging wire cage) yesterday and destroyed the cage. Killed 12 of the 13 quail. They were a little over 3 weeks old and growing very well. My daughter was quite upset. She took the one living quail into the house and made it comfortable in a small portable cage. It couldn't walk and had blood on its wing. Happy to report the quail is eating and drinking today and is walking (limping) around. Will have to redesign our quail housing. I'm pretty sure the new design will make extensive use of electrical livestock fencing at multiple levels surrounding the enclosed area.

Robby at "James Marie Farms" his A&M Quail are the "Real Deal", Big size and they are Pure, no colored birds!

If you want Quality Birds, get them from Robby, at "James Marie Farms" you won't regret it!

(337) 257-0118 ask for Robby

I ordered 50 Texas A&M eggs from James Marie Farms. They were shipped August 6th and I received them on August 8th. Very large quail eggs. I actually received 52 eggs of which one was cracked during shipping and I cracked another one moving it from the shipping box. I let them settle for 24 hours. After settling I placed the 50 eggs in 2 circulated air GQF hovabators with automatic turners. I had 7 infertile or early quitters that were candled on day 9. So I put 43 eggs in lock down in one hovabator on day 14. I used the upright hatching method using paper mache Chukar size egg trays. I hatched 38 chicks. I could not be happier with the results. Counting the infertile ones that's a 76% hatch. Without counting the infertile ones its a 88% hatch.They hatched between the later part of the 16th day and the beginning of the 17th day. That is an excellent hatch on shipped eggs especially being shipped in the heat of summer. My hats off to Robby at James Marie Farm and also kudos to USPS for getting them to me in great shape. Chicks are growing like weeds!

Back
Top Bottom