Texas BYC Cafe

I believe it is she post from 3 locations. She is a teacher in one town lives in another and delivers in 3 towns. She will not let anyone come to her house for pick which is what I do myself. She seems to be a very nice lady and knows her stuff. Just a not on the blue isbars or any thing that is blue. Blue is not a Dominic color if the bird is blue it's chicks will depend on what colors you breed.
Blue/blue gets 50%blue/25%black/25%splash.
Black/black gets 100%black.
Splash/blue gets 100% blue
Black/blue gets 50%blue/50%black
Splash/splash gets 100%splash

Hummmmm when you say blue/blue do you mean blue gen blue roo? If so does that mean if you breed blue isbar to blue IS hen they might come out different colors??

I swear I am not blond Harley!!

Sounds like the same lady. I know you can pick up in Honey Grove and Bonham, not sure where else. She is very strict with biosecurity. I love that her prices don't reflect that. ;) 

Has anyone tried a rooster collar to prevent them from crowing?  Do they really work like they say they do?
I'd love to have a roos with my girls but since I am inside the city limits I am not supposed to. If I didn't live where I do I could try to sneak one in - people are, I hear the crowing - but my yard is too exposed and animal control is by here all the time looking for dogs off leashes in the park. 

Nope I have never tried one. I have 5 roos and they love to crow! Lol

Has anyone tried a rooster collar to prevent them from crowing? Do they really work like they say they do?
I'd love to have a roos with my girls but since I am inside the city limits I am not supposed to. If I didn't live where I do I could try to sneak one in - people are, I hear the crowing - but my yard is too exposed and animal control is by here all the time looking for dogs off leashes in the park.

I didn't even know there was such a thing until I came onto this site.

Hummmmm when you say blue/blue do you mean blue gen blue roo? If so does that mean if you breed blue isbar to blue IS hen they might come out different colors??

I swear I am not blond Harley!!
Nope I have never tried one. I have 5 roos and they love to crow! Lol

I have seen your picture and thought I seen some blond roots showing lol. Yes when I say blue I mean blue in color. Blue roo over blue hen the chicks will be 50% blue 25% black 25% splash. To get all blue chicks you have to breed a splash roo or hen to a black roo or hen chicks will be 100% blue. The blue gen is not a true gen it's been Manipulated to achieved the color . One funny thing lavender is not ether but it breeds true. If you breed lavender to lavender you get lavender.
How is your bator going I should have chicks in a day or 2. Some EE Ameraucana, and arucana. The Arucana are kicking my but. Put 25 eggs in the bator when I candled them on day 18 for lock down 10 was no good. Being told that they are always very low in hatch rate. That even after that low of rate on day 18 with the lethal tuft gen they can die in the shell. The lethal hen comes from breeding a tuft to a tuft. The tuft can grow into the head in sted of out this kill the chick. Tufts are visible on the day of hatch.

Ok class is over my wife says not everyone want to know all this stuff.

Last edited:
I have seen your picture and thought I seen some blond roots showing lol. Yes when I say blue I mean blue in color. Blue roo over blue hen the chicks will be 50% blue 25% black 25% splash. To get all blue chicks you have to breed a splash roo or hen to a black roo or hen chicks will be 100% blue. The blue gen is not a true gen it's been Manipulated to achieved the color . One funny thing lavender is not ether but it breeds true. If you breed lavender to lavender you get lavender.
How is your bator going I should have chicks in a day or 2. Some EE Ameraucana, and arucana. The Arucana are kicking my but. Put 25 eggs in the bator when I candled them on day 18 for lock down 10 was no good. Being told that they are always very low in hatch rate. That even after that low of rate on day 18 with the lethal tuft gen they can die in the shell. The lethal hen comes from breeding a tuft to a tuft. The tuft can grow into the head in sted of out this kill the chick. Tufts are visible on the day of hatch.

I enjoyed learning all that!

Awwww!! Tell wife on here EVERYONE wants to know all of that! Lol
Sometimes I take the info and research deeper but my hubby and kids tell me im a bit off!!
The more I learn the more I want to know! Then I just sit and think... Wow God was very detailed with his creations! An all that in 6 days....it may take me 6:weeks on this bator! Lol jk
1f601.png

Awwww!! Tell wife on here EVERYONE wants to know all of that! Lol
Sometimes I take the info and research deeper but my hubby and kids tell me im a bit off!!
The more I learn the more I want to know! Then I just sit and think... Wow God was very detailed with his creations! An all that in 6 days....it may take me 6:weeks on this bator! Lol jk
1f601.png
6 weeks isn't so bad. Sometimes it feels like I am on a 6 yr plan to get my coop built. ;)

It maybe, this lady is in Windom and there are 2 other places you can pick up your chicks.
I know who that is. I think it's Honey Grove and Ladonia? or something with an L.

I want to know too! lol
Yeah...Aruacanas are tough :/
Good luck though! And I want to see those guys when they hatch! :)

I'm worried my ONLY Russian Orloff cockerel may have the wrong comb
sad.png

If he does..I can't breed him and then I start from scratch.
My chicks aren't doing very well in the beard/muff department either.
I may have to start over. My hatchery pullets had a better type at that age..
But I love these little guys! lol And they are still with "Mama"

I know who that is. I think it's Honey Grove and Ladonia? or something with an L.

I want to know too! lol
Yeah...Aruacanas are tough :/
Good luck though! And I want to see those guys when they hatch! :)

I'm worried my ONLY Russian Orloff cockerel may have the wrong comb
sad.png

If he does..I can't breed him and then I start from scratch.
My chicks aren't doing very well in the beard/muff department either.
I may have to start over. My hatchery pullets had a better type at that age..
But I love these little guys! lol And they are still with "Mama"

Oh no! Will you get eggs from a different breeder if you need to start over?

Ok this was posted on the Oliver egger thread and I thought I would share. Harley will understand right off and everyone else may too but I may have to decode it but I WILL get it. LOL
naaaaa I understand it for me most part...or at least what I have read so far. LOL
I will have to blow it up to see it good.

Oh no! Will you get eggs from a different breeder if you need to start over?
Yeah. I'll probably get them from someone closer.
The only issue is that many are looking for roosters, and most of everyone's flock is JUST starting to lay again.
So I MAY need to think about a small incubator...or another Silkie ;)
I'll probably sell my other 2 girls too, since they're not looking to have good beards/muffs yet.
But they're not known for being the best layers, and they may not be good breeders so...I have to hit the "novelty" niche with them lol
They're pretty little things if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom