Texas BYC Cafe

I would love to go to canton this Saturday but I have to deliver chicks and pick up 5doz eggs to put into the bator. Then going to the auction in Athens at 6pm. So my day is all took up.
I saw your pictures! Chicks look great!
What are you putting in next?

Calling for rain here on Saturday also, low of 41 and high of 53. Now that really doesn't mean a thing, since the forecast isn't right half of the time!

I like to go to Canton. Been a while since I've gone. I think Canton's about an hour and a half from me? We're getting ready for Valentines day, so this will be my last free weekend for a couple of weekends. I had hoped to get some stuff done around here, but doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate. :(
Oooh, what do you have to get done?????

I just realized how quickly it's coming up.

It's official, all 4 chicks are somehow mixed..so I can't breed them...
I'll be keeping my Orloff/Cream Leg Bar mix and selling the other 3.
Should I wait until they leave mama hen or does it matter?

Have you seen the forecast for Saturday?  It's calling for rain and 40's here. 

Our trade days isn't that great. At least the last time I went it wasn't. That was in 2006 or 7 though, so it may have changed. lol!

It is so pretty here today!  Tomorrow will be even better. :)  Then look out! Downhill all the way to the weekend. I need to get my garden fixed up soon so I can plant  the cool season stuff I sprouted. Between the rain and Trevor not being available (need his truck) I will be lucky to get it done. 

Oh no I am going tomorrow!! The rest of the week is not good!! Guess I will be working on finishing my incubator and working on my chair I am reupholster ing.
Calling for rain here on Saturday also, low of 41 and high of 53. Now that really doesn't mean a thing, since the forecast isn't right half of the time! 

I like to go to Canton. Been a while since I've gone. I think Canton's about an hour and a half from me? We're getting ready for Valentines day, so this will be my last free weekend for a couple of weekends. I had hoped to get some stuff done around here, but doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate. :(

I would love to go to canton this Saturday but I have to deliver chicks and pick up 5doz eggs to put into the bator. Then going to the auction in Athens at 6pm. So my day is all took up.

What eggs are you picking up?? I love seeing all the little ones!! I am going to start saving my laced buff polish eggs to put in my bator when it is ready for trial run. She is in with my silkie! Can wait to see them! Lol

Oh no I am going tomorrow!! The rest of the week is not good!! Guess I will be working on finishing my incubator and working on my chair I am reupholster ing.

What eggs are you picking up?? I love seeing all the little ones!! I am going to start saving my laced buff polish eggs to put in my bator when it is ready for trial run. She is in with my silkie! Can wait to see them! Lol

I am picking up Black Australorp, RIR, Cuckoo Maran, Buff Orpington and copper Maran. The copper Marans are for me the other I will sell. I am only keeping the black cooper Marans and selling the splash and blue copper Marans. I will keep black hens to put with blue rooster to get 50% blue and 50% black chicks.

I saw your pictures! Chicks look great!
What are you putting in next?

Oooh, what do you have to get done?????

I just realized how quickly it's coming up.

I am picking up Black Australorp, RIR, Cuckoo Maran, Buff Orpingtonand copper Marans to put in the bator next. On this hatch I only had 4 duck wings hatch. I o my need a rooster from the 4. So will let you know what I have in them in a few weeks.

I am picking up Black Australorp, RIR, Cuckoo Maran, Buff Orpington and copper Maran. The copper Marans are for me the other I will sell. I am only keeping the black cooper Marans and selling the splash and blue copper Marans. I will keep black hens to put with blue rooster to get 50% blue and 50% black chicks.

What was your hatch rate this time? I can't wait to get mine fix up this weekend!

Ordering my first batch of broilers this weekend!
So excited!
@Ms Jellybean , I'm getting 10, so if you want more than one, let me know. I can keep it with mine obviously.
We're also looking at a "group" processing class in early May, where we'll learn and process ours.
It would be in Princeton (it's on the trader page).

Also have Narragansett poults coming in April
tongue.png

AND I found a home for my Russian Orloff mix pair

It's a good day

Ordering my first batch of broilers this weekend!
So excited!
@Ms Jellybean , I'm getting 10, so if you want more than one, let me know. I can keep it with mine obviously.
We're also looking at a "group" processing class in early May, where we'll learn and process ours.
It would be in Princeton (it's on the trader page).

Also have Narragansett poults coming in April
tongue.png

AND I found a home for my Russian Orloff mix pair

It's a good day

I want two. :) This is going to be an interesting experience. I know the 'how to', but I've never experienced it. Glad I am not too squeamish!

What was your hatch rate this time? I can't wait to get mine fix up this weekend!

Well my hatch rate this time was 47% quick sucks. I had 23 of my EE eggs in there and only 5 chicks hatched. It was cold the week that they laid them so guess that was the problem there. I picked up 12 what I was told was Ameracana but they are EE wroung color legs for sure. Out of the 12 I got 10 chicks. I bought a doz Araucana eggs but she gave me 25. Out of those I got 12 chicks. Which I am keeping them for breeding. I am picking up 2 doz BBS maran eggs and 3 doz that are a mix of Black Australorp, RIR, Cuckoo Maran, Buff Orpington. The breed are right she just does not mark the eggs. Will have to wait until they hatch to know how many of each I get. And all will be for sell except the black copper Marans. Watch my farm page on Facebook for pictureshttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Jones-Farm/620216548090387

Back
Top Bottom