Texas Veggie Gardeners!! Stories, Tips and ADVICE!

Live and learn! Cabbage stalks from last year are going to go straight to seed. Part of my my dill is just starting trying to make heads. I got few taters popping up here and there.

I can't tell you for sure it was the Fermented Plant Juice (FPJ) I made from my comfrey or not, but that parsley is going nuts. Absolutely nuts. I put some on some other plants too and they're all shooting up. I put Water Soluble Calcium (WSC) in the mix for the tomato plants since there's a problem here with them getting enough of that and wow are the tomato plants going nuts. I've already got some about to bloom!

But then they are all dressed with tons of compost. So it's hard to say if this one thing or that one thing is having the most effect but together, it's working well.

Further notes on the Korean Natural Farming (KNF) stuff. I got a pile of IMO3 going and wow. Traditional gardening says that you can't make a successful compost pile that is only 8"x15"x24". Hah. That pile is HOT HOT HOT. I didnt' have enough bran so I used dry straw, grass, and leaves chopped up mixed with the bran. Mixed in the IMO2 and set up the pile in the evening, by next morning it is steaming hot.

Last edited:
Galanie, you are so far ahead of me. I just got my tomato plants in the ground yesterday, and tomorrow they will likely be blown away...
sad.png

I had to do a Google search on the FPJ and Korean Farming - fascinating stuff! I will have to give the plant juice a try. I don't know what I'll use - don't have any comfrey - but I've got too many collard greens, I wonder if that would work?

BTW - my water garden is thriving, and the weather man says it's about to get another boost.
he.gif

Hope everyone stays safe and dry with the upcoming storms.

Finally got er done. Planting that is.I have 5 gardens & a nice berry vine. Here's one of my gardens the onions were planted in early December & the potatoes were planted on valentine's day.

7L, Love, love, love your gardens!

I'm not sure why I'm so slow getting started this year. I spent the weekend with my grandbabies in San Antonio so I didn't get anything planted - again.... :(

We had cabbage from the garden last night for dinner. I was surprised to see it actually form a head, but this was from last fall's planting. I still have a couple more to pick.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather stays nice through this upcoming weekend!

Back
Top Bottom