Texas

lau.gif
Way to win your boss over, wine and chickens!!!!! You should be expecting a raise soon
lau.gif

gig.gif
If she wasn't leaving her position, I'd bet you'd be right....now, to get her replacement to visit so we can win him over
lau.gif

Night time report. Fingers crossed she makes it through the night. Forced fed her the liquid off the soaked crumbles. And one more ml of electrolyte water. She seemed to perk up/swallow faster the crumble liquid.

She acts as if she has to sensory/feeling in her right side. She flapped up onto the perching again (small wire rack in her kennel), and seemed to not be able to lift her right leg onto it. I checked around, no obvious breaks or abrasions.

I made a slurry of beef baby food, which worked nicely because my son won't eat it, laying crumbles, and pedialyte. So that'll be breakfast. In the morning should I add a few drops of the pedyisol vitamins, or give those seperatedly? Is that something can be over dosed? Or could I add a few drops, and give a few drops?

I also felt everyone in the coop tonight. I can palate everyone's breast bones, and although hers is thinner, it isn't the marked difference I had originally though. She is still thin though. Any other thoughts or advice?
How is she, this morning?

Last edited:
null-2.jpg

Night time report. Fingers crossed she makes it through the night. Forced fed her the liquid off the soaked crumbles. And one more ml of electrolyte water. She seemed to perk up/swallow faster the crumble liquid.

She acts as if she has to sensory/feeling in her right side. She flapped up onto the perching again (small wire rack in her kennel), and seemed to not be able to lift her right leg onto it. I checked around, no obvious breaks or abrasions.

I made a slurry of beef baby food, which worked nicely because my son won't eat it, laying crumbles, and pedialyte. So that'll be breakfast. In the morning should I add a few drops of the pedyisol vitamins, or give those seperatedly? Is that something can be over dosed? Or could I add a few drops, and give a few drops?

I also felt everyone in the coop tonight. I can palate everyone's breast bones, and although hers is thinner, it isn't the marked difference I had originally though. She is still thin though. Any other thoughts or advice?
As long as she gets those vitamins I wouldn't think it would matter how. It is thought that vitamins E, B complex, and selenium is what cures it. But yes, you can overdo them. I'd just put a squirt in whatever she's eating or the mix you squirt in her mouth and see how it goes.

I've read that a squirt of human B vitamins and 400 IU of E is a great dosage, once a day for a week or two. Just to give you an idea of the amount to use.

Left the swap today without a single chicken! Almost got some rir pullets until i found out the werehatchery and wasnt gonna spend 5 a chick for some production reds...

Buy i did leave with a young breeding pair of californian rabbits, came from a breeder that won reserve grand champ at the local shows! So now im putting the hutch together! Wish me luck!

Left the swap today without a single chicken! Almost got some rir pullets until i found out the werehatchery and wasnt gonna spend 5 a chick for some production reds...

Buy i did leave with a young breeding pair of californian rabbits, came from a breeder that won reserve grand champ at the local shows! So now im putting the hutch together! Wish me luck!
Was there a lot of folks at the swap? I looked for info on it. I dont have anything to swap but thought it might be fun to go.

There were a good few. Lots of birds! A few goats, a few pups. And rabbits. Went with no intention of buying at all but DW is the one that wanted these guys...and had to get the most show quality there was....

Did the property come with a tractor (with hydraulics)?  From the pics you posted that with a mower attachment would help tame the weeds. 

Unfortunately no. but we are working at it. I'll post pics thus evening.

Good luck with the rabbits, hope w they grow as big as toy want them to.

Here is a shot of the pair. They are about 10-12 weeks old from what i can guestimate. Not sure if you can see from the pic but the lighter one is the female. Got another hutch en route to seperate them! Might do an end of summer litter...thats kinda exciting

Here is a shot of the pair. They are about 10-12 weeks old from what i can guestimate. Not sure if you can see from the pic but the lighter one is the female. Got another hutch en route to seperate them! Might do an end of summer litter...thats kinda exciting
It's like looking at twins in a mirror. lol. Very cute.

Update - she has made through the day. Husband fed her 6cc of food slurry, I fed her another 3cc about 6pm. She's sitting up straight, instead of listed to the side. Still to weak to stand, but is fighting more when fed.

Late night update for those who would like one.

Cherry made it through today. I work sun/Monday, so husband was in charge. He have her 6ml of food slurry, and I gave her 3 about 6 pm, and another 6ml at 9. Plus water.

She is no longer listed to the side, but still seems to week to stand. She is poopong, and moving a little around the kennel. Appears she maybe drinking water on her own, but jar to tell really.

Anyone have a # of how many lbs/ounces etc a chicken should consume in a day? How many ml should I try to feed her tomorrow? Will be she ok if I feed her at 630 am tomorrow, then not again till 430pm? We both have to work.

Back
Top Bottom