Texas

Got home, checked on Cherry. She is still alive, and had moved from where I left her. Pooped as well. Pooped looks normal. She's flapping her wings more than this morning. When you go to lift her up, her tail feathers go straight up and very rigid. When I put her down, she kinda flapped up onto a perch.

Got another 6-7 Mls of electrolytes/probiotic water into her, as well as a few drops of polyisol vitamins. Soaking some crumble in the mixture water.

Got home, checked on Cherry. She is still alive, and had moved from where I left her. Pooped as well. Pooped looks normal. She's flapping her wings more than this morning. When you go to lift her up, her tail feathers go straight up and very rigid. When I put her down, she kinda flapped up onto a perch.

Got another 6-7 Mls of electrolytes/probiotic water into her, as well as a few drops of polyisol vitamins. Soaking some crumble in the mixture water.

Glad she is doing better!

Tonorrow is montgomery county chicken swap, in going to go an poke around and see whats around and available!

Idont know that I would say better, but she is still alive :-/. All I've ever wanted was a blue egg layer. My first didn't make it to laying age, and this one is my only layer of 5 Pullets. And I Don't know if she will make it :(

Yeah, I look like someone bleached me. It doesn't seem to help enough though because I can't seem to get it int he spots in my hair that are itching.

Vinegar helps alleviate itching, hon. May not be the smell you're going for, eude de vinegar and all that....but, if you have a good 5%-9% vinegar on hand, give your head a good soak in it. Pour it on and get it down to the roots, then let it sit for a while. Rinse it out after about five minutes. The best type is apple cider; but, even plain white vinegar will help.

We had company this afternoon...a dear friend of mine (who happens to currently be my boss) visited and got to spend time with the girls...Roxanne decided that she seemed like good people and jumped up on her. So, we put scratch in her hand and Roxanne 'visited' for a while.

Do we know how to entertain, or what?
gig.gif

We had company this afternoon...a dear friend of mine (who happens to currently be my boss) visited and got to spend time with the girls...Roxanne decided that she seemed like good people and jumped up on her. So, we put scratch in her hand and Roxanne 'visited' for a while.

Do we know how to entertain, or what?
gig.gif

lau.gif
Way to win your boss over, wine and chickens!!!!! You should be expecting a raise soon
lau.gif

null-2.jpg

Night time report. Fingers crossed she makes it through the night. Forced fed her the liquid off the soaked crumbles. And one more ml of electrolyte water. She seemed to perk up/swallow faster the crumble liquid.

She acts as if she has to sensory/feeling in her right side. She flapped up onto the perching again (small wire rack in her kennel), and seemed to not be able to lift her right leg onto it. I checked around, no obvious breaks or abrasions.

I made a slurry of beef baby food, which worked nicely because my son won't eat it, laying crumbles, and pedialyte. So that'll be breakfast. In the morning should I add a few drops of the pedyisol vitamins, or give those seperatedly? Is that something can be over dosed? Or could I add a few drops, and give a few drops?

I also felt everyone in the coop tonight. I can palate everyone's breast bones, and although hers is thinner, it isn't the marked difference I had originally though. She is still thin though. Any other thoughts or advice?

Thanks! We are really looking for it. Only drawback is I discovered I have a nasty allergy to ragweed. It's all over the property out there. I didn't even know it could cause a rash but it sure did. Looks like poison ivy, sort of, but it's on my neck!! The only thing that touched me there was the giant ragweed that we walked through. Itchy and sunburnt. Which is why I am at the old house trying to get it to calm down. I really hope this all works out. Once it is company suitable we will be inviting everyone over for a huge barbecue.
Did the property come with a tractor (with hydraulics)? From the pics you posted that with a mower attachment would help tame the weeds.

Back
Top Bottom