Texas

Haha, I know what you mean! I am still rummaging around craigslist to try and find some hens that are laying already. My rooster is being very patient so far. He has been dancing for the girls like crazy though.

The other frizzled easter egger

The easter frizzle turkin in question who didn't get frizzled feathers.

The frizzled easter egger that has tons of baby down still

I will try and take more when my husband gets home. It is hard to take them by yourself haha they like to wiggle
I don't know if I missed it, but how old are they?

-- I didn't see the post up above! Disregard this!

Last edited:
The other frizzled easter egger

The easter frizzle turkin in question who didn't get frizzled feathers.

This looks like a possible roo.

The frizzled easter egger that has tons of baby down still

I will try and take more when my husband gets home. It is hard to take them by yourself haha they like to wiggle
This looks like a pullet

DW is still swooning over some silkie chicks...so let me know what u think about them.

Quote:
gig.gif

Quote:
5/9 chickens - bresse, sg dorking
5/10 two batches of chickens - EOs x2
5/12 chickens - EO
5/14 geese - toulouse x
5/15 two batches of chickens, one batch ducks - muscovy, crele dorking, red dorking
5/17 ducks - ancona
5/19 ducks - mandarin
5/22 geese - toulouse x
5/23 chickens - blue yokohama
5/25 chickens - sumatra, araucana (rumpless)
5/26 chickens - red yokohama
5/30 ducks - pekins
6/1 ducks - ancona

more eggs enroute...

If you end up selling some of the silkies, araucana, sumatra, and yokohama, please please please let me know! I really want some! Haha DH will have to deal with more babies in the room xP

On another note, what is an EO?

an EO is an Euskal Oiloa.. also known as Basque Hens

I'm planning on setting some show quality type silkies later on. probably within a month or so.. so I'll keep y'all in mind for the extras!

I think they are....4 weeks old. They were born April 7th if I am not mistaken.
I don't know how 4 week old chickens are supposed to look, but my sex links have a lot of their feathers and they where hatched approximately on 4/7. I haven't ever seen chicks like yours at their age (only fully grown)so I can't answer the question. However, I can say it's a great learning experience to see different breeds at different stages.

Yes, sticking with just 3 for now. The plan is to pick up a couple more when egg production begins to decline. Then just buy replacements, 2 or 3 at a time. My goal is to limit the flock to 5 or 6. Yeah, the wife is already talking about wanting more lol.

Oh boy, so you've never heard of Chicken Math!?! You are gonna want to build that hen house alittle bit bigger!;-) the Mantra here is build way bigger than you ever think you could possibly need. We'll help you fill it up. Lol

Back
Top Bottom