Texas

Well that sucks.  They should be getting great fertility with low ratio and plucked....hmmmm, that is a dilemma.

Sure does. I have been told that Foiey stock have fertility issues. Of course, I didn't know that until I grew them out. On a positive note one of my broodies gave me a second SLW this morning.

Hey Curtis

I got 100% hatch rate on the eggs I got from you.. last little guy hatched out this morning (he had to be fashionably late)!
Wow...its always nice to see a few of those type of hatches. Good work. My broody hen only got 6 out of 11 EO eggs for us 3 weeks ago.

We had a fashionably late Cream Legbar last night. Everyone else hatched on Friday and Saturday. They were all fluffy on Saturday night and no one else had pipped or were peeping so we moved everyone to the brooder. We gave the eggs another 24 hours with no activity so I went to clean out the duds and noticed a pip on one. In two hours we had another pullet. Late pullets are always welcome. :)

Last edited:
Quote: Thank you so much! Yes, I dry incubate, not dry hatch, I have had a LOT more luck with than I did with doing the humidity they way the instructions say. Lost a bunch to drowning. I have been watching the air cells and they look good all around.

We had a fashionably late Cream Legbar last night. Everyone else hatched on Friday and Saturday. They were all fluffy on Saturday night and no one else had pipped or were peeping so we moved everyone to the brooder. We gave the eggs another 24 hours with no activity so I went to clean out the duds and noticed a pip on one. In two hours we had another pullet. Late pullets are always welcome. :)
Congrats!!!!

Hi, everyone. One of my chicks turned out to be a roo. Is it okay for him to eat layer pellets or do I need to buy some other feed?

My polish pair! Midas the red roo and joan the SL...funny little guys!

One of the guineas...cute i guess

Some of IDEAL's version of SLW's lol

And its not a photo shoot without big mikes's pretty mug showing up!

It was the same person. We read her story and felt compelled to write her. We are sending 18 eggs free of charge. She has an autistic child that really wants some Lavs. and she is a super lady for fighting the fight.
smile.png
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/683425/lavender-ameraucana-breeders-unite/680

ETA Thanks topdyke.
thumbsup.gif

Speaking of special children. This was our son Nathan. He would have loved chickens.
love.gif
One of my act of kindness is leaving for KY tomorrow.
This was made for facebook but thought I would share here too.

I am SO excited! My DH came home last night after work and worked on our run some more. It's almost finished and then I'll be planting a few rose bushes or something else at the front of the run. The girls loved that they had the whole space to play around in. When they get bigger they'll have more free range time outside of the run than they do now.

I am SO excited! My DH came home last night after work and worked on our run some more. It's almost finished and then I'll be planting a few rose bushes or something else at the front of the run. The girls loved that they had the whole space to play around in. When they get bigger they'll have more free range time outside of the run than they do now.

Very Nice!

Back
Top Bottom