Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. slick4591

slick4591 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Farmersville, TX
    Hard to tell from the picture, but I want to say I see some improvement in color. Does it look darker than the egg it hatched from to you?
    Since true Black Marans are really hard to get your hands on you can just about bet you have Black Copper. Test mating is the only way to figure that out for sure and you would need the elusive Black Marans cock.

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Ivermectin is used on humans in Africa for worm treatment so it is safe for humans. I have used it and gone ahead and eaten the eggs anyway with no ill effects. But I've read where many people wait 2 weeks anyway.

ETA: I do tell my egg customers about it. If they are comfortable with the idea, they go ahead and get them. If not, they pass on them for two weeks.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. CatKai

CatKai Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2010
    USA
    It's as dark as she hatched from.

4. bnjrob

bnjrob Overrun With Chickens

Dec 31, 2008
    North TX
    Have had this same discussion several times in the last few weeks with others - still have people that are freaked out about it and don't want to risk ingestion of ivermectin themselves, yet get upset because no one can tell them with a certain withdrawal period. But then they don't want to use other methods of pest control with their chickens. Can't always have your cake and eat it too. [​IMG]

5. galanie

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Well It's been a while since I posted on this thread but Hey everyone!

Been busy trying to sell the house and now I think it's sold. Found a place north of Woodville that I want. Hopefully the deal with go through. It's on 5 acres, and the house sits on top of a hill. Just beautiful out there.

6. RachaelS

RachaelS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Hi!!! Wow that is your dream come true [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. slick4591

slick4591 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Farmersville, TX

Gee...wishing for something a little darker. Maybe this is going to take longer than I thought.

8. CatKai

CatKai Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2010
    USA
    Maybe it wil get darker. She's just laid a few.

9. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    Way to go Galanie! I hope everything works out for you.

Lisa :)

10. galanie

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Yes it is! Thanks. And keep crossing those fingers for me, I know I am. Getting that place is conditional on mine closing on time and I don't hvae a closing date yet but I'm positive it will happen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by