Texas

Quote:
hatching issues will be temperature dependent.. how low below 99.5?

I would continue to turn the eggs that need it (avoiding "lockdown")

as eggs pip move them off to one side so you can monitor them better.. if you see any membranes that are too dry mist the eggs lightly with a spray bottle (no need to drown the little guys)

chances are the eggs will be fine with their own humidity.. so if this were my hatch I would just leave humidity alone.. continue to turn eggs that need them.. and pull any chicks as soon as they hatch and have closed navels.. monitoring everyone to see if there are any issues.. and then if there are issues.. handle things depending on what arises.

chances are (depending on the incubator) that the main issues you will have will be from chicks that were incubated at too low of a temperature and not from being "dry" at hatch (but like I said it depends on the bator you are using)
Just be ready to step in and assist if needed.. watch especially closely any chicks that have zipped but have not popped open the shell due to dry rubbery membranes (pop it open for them if this happens) and any chicks that have a yellow residue at the pip hole (assist if needed)

I am not handy at all, and do not have a SO to help build things like the coops so many of you have. So, I bought this mobile chicken tractor from a local man who builds them. The thing is incredibly well-balanced and easy to move. Now I'm waiting for my 5 chicks to arrive so I can start the next phase of this new adventure. They won't get to use the coop until they grow big enough to move outside, but I think they're going to like their new "digs."

I am not handy at all, and do not have a SO to help build things like the coops so many of you have. So, I bought this mobile chicken tractor from a local man who builds them. The thing is incredibly well-balanced and easy to move. Now I'm waiting for my 5 chicks to arrive so I can start the next phase of this new adventure. They won't get to use the coop until they grow big enough to move outside, but I think they're going to like their new "digs."

frow.gif

Kempner huh?

Howdy neighbor!

i'm lurking out in between Killeen and Lampasas in cow country

I love your chicken tractor. It looks very well made.
thumbsup.gif
Good luck with your new chicks.

Does anyone know if boston terrier is good eating? I got 1 i would LOVE to skin a fillet right now!!!! If he was mine he would have been introduce to the end of a .22 a loooong time ago!

Just thought I would let everyone know they have finally located the cow that was stolen from me. She was sold to a lady in the valley, outside mcAllen. The lady is super nice, and just like us, a victim in the whole ordeal :). They have issued arrest for the girl who sold her, as well as her mother.

Just thought I would let everyone know they have finally located the cow that was stolen from me. She was sold to a lady in the valley, outside mcAllen. The lady is super nice, and just like us, a victim in the whole ordeal
smile.png
. They have issued arrest for the girl who sold her, as well as her mother.
Sorry there was one more victim in the mess, but glad to hear you found your cow.

Back
Top Bottom