Texas

precious! I wouldnt dream of having my dogs that near any of my birds!
They only free range supervised. If I am not out there working in the garden or something then they aren't allowed out of their run, but I'm outside everyday working on something so I let them stay out there a few hours each day. Helps with the weeds and gives them time to run around and play. I let Elvis sniff them and get used to them from the first day we got the birds. I made sure he knew they were part of the family and they are not his food or toys. I think too it helps that he's almost 12 years old and doesn't get around like he used to.

Wow for such a short storm it really packed a punch. Not much at my house, the power came back on while I slept. Missing some shingles and lots of stuff blown around. I needed more to do this weekend. ;-/
The Zoo is a mess!! Nothing important, at least from what I can see in the dark. Trash, recycling and alot of larger branches and tree debris.

Glad you are safe! Is your incubator okay?

Lisa :)

Now that they are a little bigger and can't fit through the fence we're letting them have longer free range time during the day.

The chicken pecked my daughter's nose. She laughed.

My dog, Elvis, doesn't even really care about the girls. He just sits there and lets them walk all over him.

"Look Ma, I got two! You want one!?"

Precious pictures! What kind do you have?

They only free range supervised. If I am not out there working in the garden or something then they aren't allowed out of their run, but I'm outside everyday working on something so I let them stay out there a few hours each day. Helps with the weeds and gives them time to run around and play. I let Elvis sniff them and get used to them from the first day we got the birds. I made sure he knew they were part of the family and they are not his food or toys. I think too it helps that he's almost 12 years old and doesn't get around like he used to.

i believe that MY dogs would be ok...but they are young...oldest of my pups is 3, then i have a 2yo, and 2 pups about 6-8 months old. BUT sharing the yard, we have the 2 bostons
somad.gif
and a french mastiff that belong to mom-in-law....those are the trouble makers! My pens are about 50+yds from my house, and when im out there i will let them roam around for a while...but if the boston sees them he immediatly thinks play, whether people are around or not! this dog has eaten his way through weld-wire pens! Chain link is my only savior until that dog goes(one way or another)

This is Big. He thinks they belong to him.

This is Brother when he was young. He still hangs out around the coops and loves the birds.

yeah those BCMs i got from you....they lasted the weekend. Went to check on them monday when i got home from work...3 carcasses. the **** dog ate through the weld-wire pen i had made and looked like he just went in chased them around till they had heart attacks, then went on his way. werent any feathers in the pen to show major stuggle or anything. and this scene looked IDENTICAL to my original 9 that were killed. Moved the pen to another location AWAY from where the dogs are, but didnt slow that little thing down at all!

"Look Ma, I got two! You want one!?"

This photo is just priceless

yeah those BCMs i got from you....they lasted the weekend. Went to check on them monday when i got home from work...3 carcasses. the **** dog ate through the weld-wire pen i had made and looked like he just went in chased them around till they had heart attacks, then went on his way. werent any feathers in the pen to show major stuggle or anything. and this scene looked IDENTICAL to my original 9 that were killed. Moved the pen to another location AWAY from where the dogs are, but didnt slow that little thing down at all!

Oh no....so sorry to hear that
hugs.gif
Did this happen recently or are you talking about the last time it happened? I've been AWOL the last week...and have to admit to not reading back through the thread.

Sorry to hear that. I sold all of the pullets yesterday. I still have a roo if you want him.

Precious pictures! What kind do you have?

They are just red and black sex links. Red/Black Stars. Though I am really looking at the cochins for next spring! I'm starting to venture out! LOL.

i believe that MY dogs would be ok...but they are young...oldest of my pups is 3, then i have a 2yo, and 2 pups about 6-8 months old. BUT sharing the yard, we have the 2 bostons
somad.gif
and a french mastiff that belong to mom-in-law....those are the trouble makers! My pens are about 50+yds from my house, and when im out there i will let them roam around for a while...but if the boston sees them he immediatly thinks play, whether people are around or not! this dog has eaten his way through weld-wire pens! Chain link is my only savior until that dog goes(one way or another)
WoW! Yeah, I would definitely be careful with those feisty little things! I'm lucky my dog is older and though he scares possums and things off as soon as the possums see my dog, but the chickens walk right over him and he just looks at them and lays back down. If this was a few years ago...they probably would have all been dead.

This is Big. He thinks they belong to him.

This is Brother when he was young. He still hangs out around the coops and loves the birds.
Such adorable pictures!! How cute!!!!

Oh man that is sad! Do you plan on changing the pen up anyway to prevent him getting in there?

Back
Top Bottom