Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. LightningTFarm

LightningTFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

I fired off an email to the USPS as well. Let's hope everybody does, and they listen to us!!!

2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

3. yinepu

All of mine can be trusted around birds.. we had a couple of dogs we were taking care of for some of the soldiers which weren't as bird friendly.. but they have gone back to their homes now.

Once we bring the new LGD pup home we will have to introduce her to the birds

But even my Eskie pup (well.. almost 6 months old now) can be trusted with them.. she's been in with the emu chicks all the way down to silkie chicks with 0 issues as well as having access to them without any supervision. Even though she's young she has already shown her "mothering instinct" so she's good to go.

granted not every dog is how mine are.. I think one of the main differences is how I train mine to behave both around other critters and away from them.

i do have a few who are not "people friendly".. but they are guard dogs and know who is "family" and who isn't.. which .. since we live out in the country and my husband is deployed for up to 14 months at a time .. it's good to know I have some dogs who will watch out for me when I don't have a gun within reach.

4. yinepu

X2

5. yinepu

6. shygyrl136

shygyrl136 New Egg

May 18, 2013
    Manor, Texas
    Thanks for the info, I have oyster shells that I sneak in their food (They dont seem to like them).I also put a little raw apple cider in their water, I heard its good for their digestive tracts. Do you recommend any other items or supplements I can feed them? :)

7. shygyrl136

shygyrl136 New Egg

May 18, 2013
    Manor, Texas
    Thanks for the info, I have oyster shells that I sneak in their food (They dont seem to like them).I also put a little raw apple cider in their water, I heard its good for their digestive tracts. Do you recommend any other items or supplements I can feed them? :)

8. jockeyeba

jockeyeba Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    San Antonio area
    X3

9. jockeyeba

Nov 27, 2010
    San Antonio area
    1 dog won't even think of bothering the chickens but our new one tried, he seems to be better now but I don't leave him unattended. I still can't get him to leave our outside cats alone though, he's going to be a dead dog if he doesn't straighten up soon :barnie

10. jockeyeba

Nov 27, 2010
    San Antonio area
    Our 2 backyard outside cats won't bother the chickens at all but will kill a dove in a minute. They seem to know the difference

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by