Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    Howdy and [​IMG] from Rosenberg, TX!

Lisa :)

2. slick4591

slick4591 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Farmersville, TX

My lavs were doing something that amazed me. The first went broody and egg production slowed down among the other three. Then the second went broody and egg production stopped. I decided to to pick up the first broody and there were at least 20 eggs under her, so I decided to divide them between the two. Every time I looked under one of them the egg numbers were growing, Finally #3 and 4 went broody and I now have four sitting in two nests. Almost all have hatched and I now have maybe 15 chicks in the brooder.

3. chickletteSarge

chickletteSarge Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    houston, tx

Do you use a broody or incubator? Im wanting my yokies to go broody but they aren't looking like they will....

4. FaithWalkFarms

FaithWalkFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2013
    Aggieland, Texas
    The Ladies are finally moved into Cluckton Abbey!!!! They're "locked in" for the next week to help acclimate them; meanwhile, the Husband is finishing the run.

SO GLAD they are out of my garage. :)

Oh, and yes, I do plan on more permanent feeders/waterers than the ones currently in place!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  5. tech dom

tech dom New Egg

May 30, 2013
    Very nice :) We are going on the "broke" side for the first coop, but already have plans to build a sturdier one in the near future. We are also planning to custom-build a home, so that's more in the profitable view currently.

6. FaithWalkFarms

FaithWalkFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2013
    Aggieland, Texas
    Ours is a cheap version. :)

We used existing pens built by a previous owner and then just framed it out with free lumber off Craigslist, pallets and a couple of new pieces from Lowe's. Otherwise, it's a miss-mash of stuff. :)

I'd like to paint it b/c it's so ugly ... but, yeah, it's now summer and hot and I don't wanna be outside for big projects. :)

7. Zootopia

Zootopia Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2011
    Abilene, Texas

X 2 I have 3 CM broodies right now sitting on 20 (>;-} guinea) eggs each. What ever fits.

8. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    Can a hen go broody even if she hasn't been laying? This morning my black amercauna was nested down in the coop, and plucking thing from around her and scooting them under her. Lady I bought her from 3 weeks ago said she hadnt laid in a while, and she hasn't laid for me yet.

9. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

10. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by