Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    It's been my experience that so long as the roost is higher than the nest boxes they generally will get on the roost. Maybe lowering the boxes would work, too.

2. 7acres

7acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Texas
    My neighbor put his nest boxes higher than his roost. He had poles scattered around an open front coop and run. All 20 of them roosted in them and layed in them as well. He is away in the military and I was looking out for them. I covered the nest boxes with chicken wire to keep them out and built new ones about 2 ft off the ground. I built a ladder roost for them to roost on and took up the other roosting poles. Some of them wanted to roost in the new nest and tried to find other places to roost on. I sloped the top of the nest to keep them from roosting on the dividers and took old chicken wire and balled it in lengths and put it on anything they might try to roost on to make it uncomfortable for them. To stop the few that wanted to roost in the nest, I took a large piece of cardboard and right before roosting time put it across the front of the nest. I did this for about a week and they got the message and when I stopped putting the cardboard up, they stayed on the roost and did not return to the nest.

3. txnative

txnative Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2013
    Kempner, Texas
    Yes. They sell it in strips, too.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  4. chickletteSarge

chickletteSarge Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    houston, tx
    hey all my RVT soon to be LVT BYCers anyone wanna help me find info on the stages of estrus? looking for C/S and cytology images...

5. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    I got mine off google lol I wish I knew where my Clin path stuff was. I can tell you what they are "suppose" to be lol

6. chickletteSarge

May 12, 2012
    houston, tx
    yea my teach is one of the RVTs that makes the Q for the VTNE!!!

7. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    your speaking in code man?!?!?!

8. chickletteSarge

May 12, 2012
    houston, tx
    she gave us an assignment for the break to draw what we would see in a vaginal cytology smear for early and late proestrus, estrus, diestrus and anestrus and list clinical signs on the back.... the extra credit HW is just as creative!!!
    Nuclear criteria for malignancy drawings
    term-define-draw

9. chickletteSarge

May 12, 2012
    houston, tx
    VTNE is a national exam for vet techs
    RVT is the person you really go see when you go to the vet.... lol

10. PSJ

PSJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Sabine Parish, La
    You mean to tell me NONE of y'all have SBEL's?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by