Texas

Opinion : is $40 reasonable for a 1 yr old black frizzled rooster? Unsure of stock background. Guy said he was told show stock, but he had no real idea. I wasn't planning on spending that much.

Opinion : is $40 reasonable for a 1 yr old black frizzled rooster? Unsure of stock background. Guy said he was told show stock, but he had no real idea. I wasn't planning on spending that much.

that's expensive for ANY rooster!!!
I think its outrageous when I see a rooster priced over $25.00! gamecocks are ridiculous! one feed store sells the $17 the other $175!!!!

Good Morning!

Sarge, I loved the picture of your rooster. Beautiful comb!

Update on Precious, my speckled sussex: My DH put her down for me yesterday morning. She was eggbound and nothing I did helped. I tried the warm baths with Epsom salts, olive oil, massages, etc. On Thursday I finally got her to go to the bathroom and I was thinking the egg would come next. By that night she was up walking and eating. She even went to the compost pile and was scratching around in it. Friday morning she was on the roost, but couldn't get down. When I helped her down, she didn't want to move. She was panting more and more. The thing is her comb and wattle were still a bright red. I guess you can't go by that. Talk about a helpless feeling.

Lisa

Sorry to hear that lisa! Thats how i felt when one of my girls fell to heat stroke! Coup had some major renovations after that though!

Thanks Cockle-Dood. She was around 4 years old. I was so desperate I was asking my mail lady and UPS driver if they had any experience with an egg-bound chicken. Most people I had talked to had never heard of that.

I am anxious to see what your uncle will be surprising you with. I hope it is everything you want!

Have a great weekend!

Lisa :)

Good Morning!

Sarge, I loved the picture of your rooster.  Beautiful comb!

Update on Precious, my speckled sussex:  My DH put her down for me yesterday morning.   She was eggbound and nothing I did helped.  I tried the warm baths with Epsom salts, olive oil, massages, etc.   On Thursday I finally got her to go to the bathroom and I was thinking the egg would come next.  By that night she was up walking and eating.  She even went to the compost pile and was scratching around in it.  Friday morning she was on the roost, but couldn't get down.  When I helped her down, she didn't want to move.  She was panting more and more.  The thing is her comb and wattle were still a bright red.  I guess you can't go by that.  Talk about a helpless feeling. 

Lisa

Im sorry Lisa. 4 yrs is a long time. It seems to happen to the favorites every time.

Is that a HBO chamber in your avitar?

Good Morning!

Sarge, I loved the picture of your rooster.  Beautiful comb!

Update on Precious, my speckled sussex:  My DH put her down for me yesterday morning.   She was eggbound and nothing I did helped.  I tried the warm baths with Epsom salts, olive oil, massages, etc.   On Thursday I finally got her to go to the bathroom and I was thinking the egg would come next.  By that night she was up walking and eating.  She even went to the compost pile and was scratching around in it.  Friday morning she was on the roost, but couldn't get down.  When I helped her down, she didn't want to move.  She was panting more and more.  The thing is her comb and wattle were still a bright red.  I guess you can't go by that.  Talk about a helpless feeling. 

Lisa

sorry to hear about your hen! the roo is going to market soon! we want to focus on the white EEs and the breed pens I have set up now... so we are selling him, and my girls evil silkie roo and prince d'Uccle roo....

Back
Top Bottom