Texas

I need some input on chicken drink cup what are the best to use and the bad and good for them

We have some blue ones that we picked up on eBay cheap. They worked great until the goat started sleeping in the coop and broke half of the system. The downside of them is that they would get dirty and were hard to clean out without a sponge and its a chore to keep a sponge around out here. We have several buckets and chick waterer at the moment. In the future we will be doing the nipples at several heights as we have chickens and turkeys together. And don't do buckets of water if you have baby birds, all of my chickens are mature and turkeys are taller.

Is is chickenville USA ? I live about 40 minutes from her if it is, and I got 2 pullets from her, she sells hatchery birds and is not a breeder. If I had to do it all over, I would find breeder birds in the area and not get hatchery birds, you don't know what quality birds you are getting from a hatchery. I may be hatching out some BLRW with 7acre on BYC and I may not want to keep them all, if you are interested in those. The more you get into chickens, the more you learn! Especially on here! I know a lady in Forney who just went to th feed store and bought 6 chicks from the "Pullet bin", now she ended up with 4 Roos and 2 pullets, go figure. Lol. Do a little research first and you will be happier with the birds you get! HTH
1f423.png

What is BLRW short for? Sorry, I'm still learning lol!

Back
Top Bottom