Texas

They should be full size, but not real sure, I ordered a batch of assorted extras. 15 of them were the cresteds, they look cool but I was more excited about the Americanas in the group. I'll try to get some picks tomorrow they are all a little ugly after the rain last night. (I almost lost them all, had to bring 53 chicks into my bathroom, the tub was a mess)

Quote:
LOL .. the things we do, huh??

I'm only interested because I don't have any crested birds ..

Duh! .. and I was the one who said "no silkie, frizzle, sizzle, crested, booted and NO bantams .. bla bla bla"

So far I have BOOTED BANTAMS .. AND TWO SILKIES ... lol

Never say never, huh?

Quote:
Hi There,
I dont really know anywhere except Canton. All the places we used to have they shut down years ago. Maybe we can do some trading??

mamawolf,
I have to admit I'm hoping to sell or rehome some of my flock..........it's amazing how many purchased pullet chicks turn out to be roos. I also have a few more hens than I need/want.........but I always look at chickens like gardening..........I always plant more tomatoes than I need, so when the weather/bugs/mockingbirds/whatever gets 'em, I still have enough for my needs.
smile.png

I know there's a Sat/Sun Flea Market in Cleburne, on East Henderson, but don't know if they have/allow chickens? Just thought you might know.........Canton is a WONDERFUL place!!!..........It's just a bit far for me.

Right now I have a VERY HANDSOME barred rock roo (supposed to have been a pullet) and a few barred rock hens (laying) that I got as chicks from Ideal Poultry back in late March, that I'm thinking of letting go. I also have a handsome group of speckled sussex, roo and about 6 or 7 hens, also from Ideal. I'm running out of room in my coop and have marans chicks in my brooder and eggs in my 'bator.

Thought it was about time to look into ways of making room in my coop.
smile.png

Hey yall, I got a problem, I have ONE chicken, one. and its getting cold and I have little to no money or gas. Anybody got a spare chicken or two to keep mine warm in my area? I was hoping that my neighbors two chickens would get along with mine and they could sleep in my coop together, since she lets her completely free range, but its a no go.

somewhere around 20 to 25 weeks I think, she is an EE and her comb just went from pink to red, no eggs yet but I can put two fingers between her butt bones and her vent is a line. She wouldn't be so much a problem, she is a gentle soul. But my neighbors two chickens are terrors, they are completely wild and me and the dog have to protect Henny Penny from them.

strange screams
oh well then the ones i have wont be much help to you because they are still inside the garage with a lamp on them at night. hope some one can be of more help

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom