I've got a Salmon Faverolles Roo
3 EE hens
2 Black silkie hens
3 Partridge rock pullets
1 Barred Rock pullet
1 Buff Orpington pullet
1 RIR pullet

7 D'uccles .. 1 roo, 6 pullets

and one little Salmon Fav pullet chick that is being raised by one of the silkies..

How's the traffic out your way on the weekends lately .. *wink*

If you keep your coop free from drafts and provide a nice box or nest box with deep shavings for her to cuddle into, she should be OK. Just make sure you have some ventilation.

oh yeah, I did lots of reading on here while building it. she has three sides that are draft free and my window is on the lee side of the coop. Its placed on the side of the tree that gets shade in the summer and sun in the winter. But still, poor little lone chicken. I think I'm gonna break down and buy a couple of chickens from the feed store, they always have a hen or two for sale, they just arn't very pretty.

Quote:
Hi There,
I dont really know anywhere except Canton. All the places we used to have they shut down years ago. Maybe we can do some trading??

mamawolf,
I have to admit I'm hoping to sell or rehome some of my flock..........it's amazing how many purchased pullet chicks turn out to be roos. I also have a few more hens than I need/want.........but I always look at chickens like gardening..........I always plant more tomatoes than I need, so when the weather/bugs/mockingbirds/whatever gets 'em, I still have enough for my needs.
smile.png

I know there's a Sat/Sun Flea Market in Cleburne, on East Henderson, but don't know if they have/allow chickens? Just thought you might know.........Canton is a WONDERFUL place!!!..........It's just a bit far for me.

Right now I have a VERY HANDSOME barred rock roo (supposed to have been a pullet) and a few barred rock hens (laying) that I got as chicks from Ideal Poultry back in late March, that I'm thinking of letting go. I also have a handsome group of speckled sussex, roo and about 6 or 7 hens, also from Ideal. I'm running out of room in my coop and have marans chicks in my brooder and eggs in my 'bator.

Thought it was about time to look into ways of making room in my coop.
smile.png

You will see a chicken once in a while there but I dont think they are allowed. I take roos because I just let them run loose. So if you are needing to get rid of them you can bring them on out. I have Plymouth Rocks, SS and GL Wyandottes that I got to see if I wanted to breed them and I am not sure yet.
jumpy.gif
I have too many breeds of chickens.
lau.gif
If there is such a thing. But I am adding 1 more turkey breed in the spring so I will have to not breed something. I love my Turkens and Spitzhaubens and my Orps. so......
th.gif
confusion. But seriously if you need to get rid of some roos just PM me.

good morning texas, i woke up this morning and you know what i heard, my little roo started to crow this morning
ep.gif
so now his time is limited since i live in town and wont keep roosters because of the neighbors. but my problem is i'm not sure which one did it. i have 2 that hatched at the same time. at least i think they are both roos. the wheaten marans i know is but not too sure of the jersey giant. and of course when i went out to see who did it neither would say a word.
lau.gif
so anyone want a roo? i would be willing to meet you some where
thumbsup.gif

forgot to add if any one wants more wheaten marans roos i have 5 more that are 3 weeks old in the garage
lol.png

somebody help me!

Last edited:
Quote:
This says it all ...
lau.gif

I've got a cute little Faverolles cross roo that is crowing .. it's a horrible sounding thing .. hehehehe

Hey guys, finally got some pics of the cresteds. I think I have a pair of black and a pair of reds and a few extra hens. Would like to maybe keep one but if anyone is really interested let me know. Also if there are any others in the pics anyone likes just let me know, I have so many right now I am going through 50 lbs of feed a week plus scratch, got to do something even though I would love to keep them all.
21406_2010-11-06_1640021.jpg

21406_2010-11-06_1639301.jpg

21406_2010-11-06_1639161.jpg

21406_some_cresteds.jpg

21406_2010-11-06_1637471.jpg

21406_2010-11-06_1640421.jpg

Back
Top Bottom