Texas

All mine are open air, most closed is only 1/2 hardware cloth but still pretty much open at that.  Mine don't make for pretty pics at all... 

Do your coops have solid walls or just wire walls?

A couple of pictures of our coops, we leaned a sheet of plywood along one side later because it was too sunny in this heat part of the day. I have to find the picture of the other coop, it doesn't seem to be on here :(

I know some truck drivers that are pretty knowledgeable of the small towns in Texas but there are so many that if you blink you missed them.

K, so I just moved a couple of months ago from Texarkana, TX to Texarkana, AR. Any one close to me? I think there are only about two or three people close on the AR group... Just figured I'd meet some one on the TX side too.

A couple of pictures of our coops, we leaned a sheet of plywood along one side later because it was too sunny in this heat part of the day. I have to find the picture of the other coop, it doesn't seem to be on here
sad.png

So, really, your birds just have a roof and wire to keep out predators? What keeps the predators from digging in? Do they have trouble when you get rain with strong winds? Thanks.

Great looking coop but you might want to consider more air flow. It looks HOT.

I am in the process of adding more windows and ventilation. The girls only go in the coop to lay and to go to bed at night. We bring their food and water out every morning because I have found they drink more water when it out. The coop is fully shaded until about 3:00 on the afternoon when it gets hit by the sun. I do think it is too warm in there though.

Thanks for your thoughts. I have only been a chicken dad for 4 months so any help or ideas are welcomed.

A couple of pictures of our coops, we leaned a sheet of plywood along one side later because it was too sunny in this heat part of the day. I have to find the picture of the other coop, it doesn't seem to be on here
sad.png

Yup! Your coops look very similar to mine....lots of air circulation to keep them cool...I have mine under shade trees, with a tarp over them to keep the rain out....whenever it does rain.

Back
Top Bottom