Texas

Sad news. Fancy Nancy, the wonderful rooster that we shared with our neighbors, had to be put down. He was a perfect gentlemen with all the girls, and even around our grandkids.

In mid November he was attacked by a neighbor dog, and got a puncture tooth wound in his inner thigh, and he languished for several weeks before that wound was discovered. It was already a severe abscess. After a month of medication and bandaging, the abscess continued to grow. RIP Fancy Nancy. Here's a picture.

Sad news. Fancy Nancy, the wonderful rooster that we shared with our neighbors, had to be put down. He was a perfect gentlemen with all the girls, and even around our grandkids.

In mid November he was attacked by a neighbor dog, and got a puncture tooth wound in his inner thigh, and he languished for several weeks before that wound was discovered. It was already a severe abscess. After a month of medication and bandaging, the abscess continued to grow. RIP Fancy Nancy. Here's a picture.

Sorry to hear about this.

hugs.gif
I am sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful rooster.

Lisa :)

Quote:
I will give them food and water as they are starving and thristy. However, don't let them eat all they want then drink.. the overfill stomach may cause them suffering and may die. Instead, let them eat a little, then drink. After 4-5 hours, then feeding normal

Quote:
Sorry to hear the bad news. Is this the one you mentioned in your book? It is true that no matter how careful we plan, disaster still happens from time to time. I hope he was bred enough to have his offsprings keep going.

Building an a-frame chicken tractor with anticipation of purchasing 3-4 backyard birds. Looking for a breed (mixes are fine) that are good laying dual purpose chickens that are hardy for Texas weather. Urban environment so no roosters & not breeding... just laying.I 'm looking for opinions from actual Texans since my online research gives extremely varied results... Thoughts? P.S. I'm in Central Texas specifically

I am so sorry for your loss - I know it is hard to say goodbye before their time.

Back
Top Bottom