Texas

I hope so!! Thank you!
Look forward to pictures of the rooster!

I will! I'll see if the husband can call..add some variety lol
I DID talk to Meyers. The lady, Laura, was very nice and sent me an email back FAST.
She looked up my tracking and said they technically have until tomorrow to deliver, but a lot of times the shipping won't update until the chicks have been picked up.
She said, "just in case.." they have a gaurantee, but I don't want to even have that be the case...
She said she "We sure want your chicks to arrive safely! " and to let her know when they arrived.

I've been a wreck all day...lol
Poor babies....

They'll be okay. I've had no updates other than it was accepted at the original facility and still had it delivered on time.

My two Cochin pullets were put in the mail 45 minutes ago. We can have a group worry together!

They'll be okay. I've had no updates other than it was accepted at the original facility and still had it delivered on time.

My two Cochin pullets were put in the mail 45 minutes ago. We can have a group worry together!
Haha, well I only want to worry until tomorrow! Then hopefully I wont have to. Who did you order from?
Oh! and called the post office again...she got birds but they weren't mine...she gave an address down the street. They went to the feed store I checked out last week that's said they didn't know when they would place another order...lol
So..tomorrow's GOTTA be the day.

Let me know how the Cochins are? They look adorable

I saw some talk of roofs and wanted to share my chicken coop. My wonderful husband make it by himself (he is a carpenter by trade). We currently have two hens. Their coop has a nice metal roof, and the hens seem to love their area. We have 3 dogs, so that is why we have a fence within our backyard. As you can see, when the dogs are in (which they usually are when we are home), then the chickens have free reign of the entire yard.

From the photo you can tell the girls have recovered nicely - I am shocked at how quickly they went back to normal - but we still haven't had an egg since the "incident" (my dogs dug under the fence and under the coop and got at them - pulled a lot of feathers off.) You can also see Murphy's spurs. Juliette, the one on the right, doesn't have them.

Haha, well I only want to worry until tomorrow! Then hopefully I wont have to. Who did you order from?
Oh! and called the post office again...she got birds but they weren't mine...she gave an address down the street. They went to the feed store I checked out last week that's said they didn't know when they would place another order...lol
So..tomorrow's GOTTA be the day.

Let me know how the Cochins are? They look adorable

I bought the two birds I'm waiting for from a breeder and poultry judge in New York. If any are going to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo at the end of January, he's judging there.

I'm still trying to finalize the purchase of another show quality cochin pullet from another breeder, but just haven't been able to get it done. I wonder if she sold the pullet to someone else. I have a couple of orders for chicks coming this spring from breeders, so I'll be quite busy this spring with new chickens. I've ordered a few Araucanas. These are the rumpless blue egg layers that I think trace back to South America. They should be different--I just hope I get at least one pullet.

Help, I have an egg eater! How can you tell which chicken is eating the egg? I collect my eggs at least 4 times a day, this has only happened twice in the last 2months.

Lisa,

I get mine at the Whole Foods here, but you can order off Amazon and it's a little cheaper.
I get the "Nature's Way" brand, that's just what I ended up purchasing and I stuck with it.
I get a 4ish ounce bottle for $15..lasts my kiddos 2 weeks.
If you have the time and money for initial supplies, you can also make it yourself, and it's cheaper than purchasing.
You can buy like..a 1lb bag of dried elderberries for 19.99 on amazon as well...
Just depends on your time allowance  and how crafty you wanna be :)

Could you just eat the dried elderberries?

Back
Top Bottom