Texas

Quote:
Oh be aware of chicken math. Before u I know it you will have way more then you realize. All konding aside the coop is the key. So enjoy yourself. One thing I would say is to quarantine all chickens before placing with each other. Also choice feed and treats that are beneficial to your babies. Last but not least sometimes things just go wrong so just do what you can and hold your chin up. What breeds are you going to have??
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hello, nice to meet you. Buff Orpington or Aussie are very friendly and mine lay regular year around. You can get organic feed through tractor supply I do believe. As far as babies that have not received medication, babies from hatcheries are shipped right after hatch so if you order some chicks chances are they have not eaten. Also vaccines are given at customers request. At least this is what I have been told in the past. I would call Ideal hatchery and ask them. I get lots of babies from them.
smile.png

I got the tree-crushed coop (mostly) rebuilt this weekend. Just need to paint the new half and replace some more wire on the attached run. (they're secure in the house at night)

And I collected a full dozen eggs yesterday! They're back into production.

Back
Top Bottom