Texas

Hi guys, been very busy over here! I had to reduce my flock as the yard could not support them all, so I sent 7 of my ladies to live with my sister. She tells me they are doing great and love the bigger yard she has for them. Hopefully this will let my grass grow back to support my flock, or I will have to reduce some more. 2 of my chickens and3 geese are determined to be mommies, but it's too cold and late in the season, so they will wait until spring.

2 of my Siberian Huskies, Dawn and Phantom earned their CGC title! Yay! Cheyenne just got spayed, and I rescued and spayed 2 kitties that are now up for adoption. One kitty was being kicked by some mean kids at my sons school and I couldn't just do nothing, so I grabbed her and brought her home. She has a nasty injury to her tail, but is otherwise fine and very loving. If anyone wants or has room for a house cat, let me know. I have a young grey tabby (Ivory) and a solid black (Ebony), both are female and spayed with rabies shots.

On Dec 13 I pick up our newest addition, a beautiful grey Siberian Husky girl! So excited, hubby got her for me as my Christmas present.

You are one busy woman! That's great about the dogs. It makes me want to do something with mine, but I don't knoe how you find the time. It's nice to know there are other people out there with a soft spot for animals and help them when in need. I love animal presents :) I'm getting 4 ducklings in a week and they are my birthday present to myself. I'm counting all the "needed" supplies as my Christmas presents.

You are one busy woman! That's great about the dogs. It makes me want to do something with mine, but I don't knoe how you find the time. It's nice to know there are other people out there with a soft spot for animals and help them when in need. I love animal presents :) I'm getting 4 ducklings in a week and they are my birthday present to myself. I'm counting all the "needed" supplies as my Christmas presents.

I am a big sucker for needy animals. I swear I have a sign in my front yard advertising that fact. Every year close to Thanksgiving kittens start showing up and I start catching, spay/neuter, foster, and find homes for them. Dogs are harder as I don't have room to keep them away from my dogs, and the flock. Cats can get put in the garage or a closed room, no problem, dogs need a yard to potty so I have to be very careful who and what I bring in.

So far I have 3 rescue dogs, 3 reputable breeder purchased dogs, and 7 rescue cats (counting the 2 I'm fostering now). All of my cats have been rescued off the streets and I have never and will never buy a cat, not when I have them falling into my lap in need like this! Before my Siberians I had never purchased a dog for myself, or had one purchased for me. I'd only ever brought 1 dog, a pug for my father as a Christmas gift. He wanted a small black pug, and I found one who was the runt of her litter, exactly what he wanted!

Dawn was purchased 2 years ago for my hubby as a Christmas/welcome home from overseas gift, (he really wanted a Siberian, so I purchased her as a special gift for him) but she ended up being my dog. Phantom was purchased for me last year by my hubby (I think because I had purchased Dawn for him the year before) and now this pretty grey girl this year! I hope this doesn't become a yearly thing, my house couldn't take a new puppy every year indefinitely, lol. I kinda feel bad for hubby and kids, every dog or cat who sets foot in our house becomes "my" pet. I spend the most time training, grooming, caring for them so they all gravitate to me. Our trainer says I have a gift with animals and they instinctually trust me.

The really funny thing is I have always been a guard dog kind of girl, first German Shepard's, now Belgian Malinois. I love my Siberians, they make me laugh and are so full of life and energy. But I can't not have a Belgian in my life, and with Rascal being 5, eventually I will need to think about getting a Belgian pup to train to take over guard dog duties when Rascal slows down. I think when Rascal is between 7-9 years old would be about right as Belgians live 12-14 years. Rascal is a runty Belgian, only 50 pounds instead of 70. His time as an abused puppy then as a stray left a lasting mark on him, he isn't as fit as he should be, so I think he will decline fast. I want his senior years to be comfortable.

To all the fine peeps in the San Antonio area!
This may sound odd but my husband needs some help. My husband works for the feed company, Nutrena, and will be in San Antonio TX, Dec 11 for a sales meeting. He has a presentation in the morning to do for the sales force and we need to rent a rooster. Preferably a bantam. The rooster can be any breed but he needs to be super sweet and calm enough to hang out on a scratch block in front of a ton of sales people.
We have our own rooster for this but George is not allowed to fly due to airline restrictions.
There will be no other chickens, he won't be harmed in anyway and will in fact be spoiled and fawned over. He will get his picture taken and be a celebrity for a day.
We will only need him for about 4 hours. Normally we either bring our own rooster or would purchase the rooster but since the DH is flying we don't have a way to bring him home.
You will be paid for the rental of your rooster and he will be done around 12 noon.
If you are interested please email my husband at [email protected]
or give him a call at 608-322-3920

Please contact him directly as I am posting this on his behalf and he will ultimately be the one who you will be dealing with.

Thank you!

Well hello fellow texicans I'm in Stephenville!!! Been on here a month or two and pretty much an everyday offender now. I'm obsessed with incubators. If your wondering I'm outside of Stephenville near I-20. Half way between ft worth and Abilene

Well hello fellow texicans I'm in Stephenville!!! Been on here a month or two and pretty much an everyday offender now. I'm obsessed with incubators. If your wondering I'm outside of Stephenville near I-20. Half way between ft worth and Abilene
Hey! I'm in De Leon! Wow its so different to know that some one near my area is on here lol.

By the way, if any of you guys know of anything that will keep domestic cats away, that would be awesome. I lost two silkies yesterday to one of my sister's cats. Talk about fuming. We have 10 of the savages and maybe more because there is one cat she hasn't spayed for whatever reason.

That's funny!!

I'm in Parker..not too far from you and mine rushed right out like always...and put on the brakes. "Umm..hey, chicken momma, what the heck?" They then jumped on everything to keep their feet off the sprinkling of snow...the fence, the windmill, the feeder...ME...but I had on a slick coat and my hen slid right off and gave me a stink eye for the rest of the day...how DARE I have on a slick coat??!! Don't you EVER wear that coat again!..oh it was hilarious!!
HAHAhahha! "Don't you EVER wear that coat again!"
The rest of mine did alright with it. However I think if it had stayed longer I would have had some grumpy poultry.

We are located in Denton about 40 miles north of Dallas. We are very new to backyard chickens, purchased our first 4 this past summer. They are currently 5 months old. Excitedly awaiting for the first egg. Have 1 Rhode Island Red, 3 Eggers.
Welcome from McKinney, a little east of ya! :)

Just did some math and realized we just past our first year of having chickens on November 2nd!!! Wow how fast it went by!!! Started with 17 now have 39. Have only had been a few problems, mostly with raising chicks, so guess we did pretty well for a couple of new eggs!!! Just want to say "thanks" to everybody who helped us succeed and we're excited about another year.
Exciting! I still remember my first "batch"'s birthday lol January 13th

Congrats on your chicken anniversary!
gig.gif
I love it!

Headed to a wedding in Aubrey, TX. Stopped to eat in Midlothian. Hello to all the backyard chicken folks in Midlothian.
I have a friend in Midlothion :)

Welcome from McKinney!

Warning: cuteness overload!

TOO cute!

5 babies ready to hatch any time! Can't wait to see who makes it. 2 have been too dark to see anything the whole time. Darker shell...
But they don't...smell bad so they got to stay! lol

Lil Blue got up for the first time in days to bathe and eat and drink. She must know her personal time is about to go out the window! lol

Back
Top Bottom