Texas

This is Barbarella...

...and this is her 1st egg (the freckled one).
thumbsup.gif
Beautiful picture!!!
Did you put that on on the Facebook group?
Or on another thread?

I know I've seen it recently...such a great picture!

First ornament on the tree.
Love it!

I miss fresh eggs. I have only 3 hens now. 2 are over 4 years old. I think they may be done laying. Princess just had a hard molt and has not started laying again. I cooked some store bought eggs this morning and really missed the flavor of my girls fresh eggs.

Last edited:
I miss fresh eggs. I have only 3 hens now. 2 are over 4 years old. I think they may be done laying. Princess just had a hard molt and has not started laying again. I cooked some store bought eggs this morning and really missed the flavor of my girls fresh eggs.
It's been a year since I've eaten a single store bought egg. I'm sure I'd shed a tear if I had to go back to that lol

I'm sorry :(
I wish you could have more girls..maybe one will surprise you! :)

It's been a year since I've eaten a single store bought egg. I'm sure I'd shed a tear if I had to go back to that lol
I haven't had to buy since June! Even though I'm down to 2 layers right now...lol
Come Spring, I'll have too many! But I'm hoping to have some preservation methods down by then too.
and of course I'm sure I'll have people who will take the extras.

Store eggs are so nasty! I can't believe I used to eat them.
sickbyc.gif

Hopefully yours will start laying soon. Can you have more than 3 hens? If so, you may need to get some new chicks this spring. :)

Same here! I think the last store eggs I bought was about a year ago. The man I was buying my yard eggs from, all his chickens quit laying around November. That is when I decided to get my own.

I'm sorry :(
I wish you could have more girls..maybe one will surprise you! :)

I haven't had to buy since June! Even though I'm down to 2 layers right now...lol
Come Spring, I'll have too many! But I'm hoping to have some preservation methods down by then too.
and of course I'm sure I'll have people who will take the extras.
I'm down to 3-6 eggs a day now. Just enough to keep my and close family in eggs.

Still working on my run. I hope to have it completed within the next couple of weeks. Need to make the people door, pop door and finish one side of wire.

Back
Top Bottom