Texas

i just got two new ones. The other five I raised from chicks. The new ones are getting their back feathers back. the former owner had that a rooster that mated with everything that moved. He called them Americaunas, but they look like my EE's only much larger. They are supposedly laying already, though with the trauma of the new adjustment, I haven't seen any production as of yet. I would be willing to part with those two for some favorells for wyandotes, or basically anything that lays a "pink" egg, to keep my daughter excited. She is excited about chickens anyway, but the "pink" eggs get her in orbit with joy. I keep chickens for the eggs, but I like getting my children involved, so they learn something and keep their interest piqued.

My original 5 are laying pretty regularly. The new girls are still getting acclimated to their new coop mates.

I really don't have any birds to trade, but am willing to pay cash for some good ones. I am attached to the birds I have, but I need to bring in some young blood to keep the production up.

It is good to hear that you are getting your kids involved, my 2 sons will not even think about stuff like this. Too much work, I guess.

Anyway, how old are the 2 your are willing to part with, and can you send me any pics? Also, where are you located?

I really don't have any birds to trade, but am willing to pay cash for some good ones. I am attached to the birds I have, but I need to bring in some young blood to keep the production up.

It is good to hear that you are getting your kids involved, my 2 sons will not even think about stuff like this. Too much work, I guess.

Anyway, how old are the 2 your are willing to part with, and can you send me any pics? Also, where are you located?
I am in the same boat. I am trying to add diversity, and production. I was surprised to find the other EE's let alone the PBR. I am trying to add two or three more layers in that coop. It seems like we are making a swing and a miss. Though, I think, if not mistaken the nice lady from Trinity does have a variety of birds that she has, according to her website.

Have you tried Conroe Feeders Supply or the feed store that is on 105 East between Loop 336 and Cut and Shoot Town Hall? Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't get over that way often enough to know the neighborhood street names. Opposite direction for me.

If you wait a few weeks, will be time for Animal Tradin' Days in May at the fairgrounds.

Also these two listings on Craigslist:
http://houston.craigslist.org/grd/4920509186.html
http://houston.craigslist.org/grd/4922805476.html

I have a beardless EE rooster and a red sex link hen, both just about nine months old, if either of you want them. I may keep the hen, though. She knows tricks, lol. She was a lonely only and we taught her to jump on things and jump up for treats before integrating her with the EE too into the Aussie pen temporarily.

I have a beardless EE rooster and a red sex link hen, both just about nine months old, if either of you want them. I may keep the hen, though. She knows tricks, lol. She was a lonely only and we taught her to jump on things and jump up for treats before integrating her with the EE too into the Aussie pen temporarily.
A rooster is an idea, for fertilized eggs. Is your website still accurate?

For the most part. I have a few breeds that are laying I haven't added yet, some welsummer chicks and some crested pekin ducklings left from a test hatch I don't have need for.

For the most part. I have a few breeds that are laying I haven't added yet, some welsummer chicks and some crested pekin ducklings left from a test hatch I don't have need for.
So, I am guessing you still have some Plymouth Bar Rock hens? Also, what do you want for your EE roo?

No more BR hens right now. I just sold the last of my extras for the year, but I'll be hatching them again in May or so if you want to be wait listed? My incubator is full of turkey and quail right now.

This is Lucky, he's a big guy. He's SLW and Am mix EE. His genetics make him an EE, but, with that single comb and red ear lobes I'm not sure what color eggs he will throw to his offspring.

ETA: If you want him, and you promise he wont make a crock pot meal, he's yours. He's survived three culls of our extra boys, hence the name Lucky. One of which we had him in the cone and decided last minute to leave him be. One of the best roosters I've ever had, I just don't have an EE pen anymore.

Last edited:
No more BR hens right now. I just sold the last of my extras for the year, but I'll be hatching them again in May or so if you want to be wait listed? My incubator is full of turkey and quail right now.

This is Lucky, he's a big guy. He's SLW and Am mix EE. His genetics make him an EE, but, with that single comb and red ear lobes I'm not sure what color eggs he will throw to his offspring.

ETA: If you want him, and you promise he wont make a crock pot meal, he's yours. He's survived three culls of our extra boys, hence the name Lucky. One of which we had him in the cone and decided last minute to leave him be. One of the best roosters I've ever had, I just don't have an EE pen anymore.

I have been looking for an EE rooster for the EE's I do have. As long as he doesn't spur the kids, no worries about the cock pot. Are you around on Sundays at all? That is usually the best time for me to get there with work, the kids, etc.

Hey David, I finally got my computer problems fixed. I have been gone too long. Everything going good with you? What happened to Starfire? Can't find her anywhere. Hope everything is OK with everyone.

Hey Ken!! Glad you got your puter straightened out!
Been busy here in Belott. With 63 acres there is always something needs doing.

I think Starfire has been busy showing/training her Siberian Huskies. She pops in occasionally. This group is not as Yappy as when you were here last.
1f609.png

Take care And Godspeed Ken!!

David

Back
Top Bottom