Texas

I have 7 BLRW I'm looking for hen to hen possible a rooster in there I prefer docile large breeds(orps Brahmas that sort of bird but I'm open to any suggestions or offers? Have something in mind?
I currently have 7 EE's and one Plymouth Bar Rock, though with her tail feather configuration I am not sure if she is a Dominque. I think my little girl is partial to her. So, I probably don't have anything you need. What would you want for a couple of them on a cash basis out of curiosity? I am not that far away from Cleveland, just up in Livingston.

I currently have 7 EE's and one Plymouth Bar Rock, though with her tail feather configuration I am not sure if she is a Dominque.  I think my little girl is partial to her.  So, I probably don't have anything you need.  What would you want for a couple of them on a cash basis out of curiosity?  I am not that far away from Cleveland, just up in Livingston. 
Not really interested in cash just want to expand and diversify the flock

Not really interested in cash just want to expand and diversify the flock
Understood, I was trying to do the same.
cool.png
I have been looking for some chickens that lay light/brown "pink" eggs.

Last edited:
I currently have 7 EE's and one Plymouth Bar Rock, though with her tail feather configuration I am not sure if she is a Dominque. I think my little girl is partial to her. So, I probably don't have anything you need. What would you want for a couple of them on a cash basis out of curiosity? I am not that far away from Cleveland, just up in Livingston.
Are you interested in selling a few of your EE's? If so, how old are they?

you know my favorells eggs are pretty close to pink I'll take a pic maybe you can find some of those or I can get you some hatching eggs later this summer
My little girl loves "pink" eggs, which is why the hunt for them. My son loves the concept of Favorells (Chickens). He saw a picture once and got excited. I don't have a rooster or egg incubator at the moment. But, some favorell chickens would make his day.

From what I have researched the smell is related to something in their diet. Some plants cause the eggs to have an "off" smell to them. Like too much garlic can make the eggs smell. Other than that I don't know anything else that would make an egg smell.

David

Hey David, I finally got my computer problems fixed. I have been gone too long. Everything going good with you? What happened to Starfire? Can't find her anywhere. Hope everything is OK with everyone.

Are you interested in selling a few of your EE's? If so, how old are they?
i just got two new ones. The other five I raised from chicks. The new ones are getting their back feathers back. the former owner had that a rooster that mated with everything that moved. He called them Americaunas, but they look like my EE's only much larger. They are supposedly laying already, though with the trauma of the new adjustment, I haven't seen any production as of yet. I would be willing to part with those two for some favorells for wyandotes, or basically anything that lays a "pink" egg, to keep my daughter excited. She is excited about chickens anyway, but the "pink" eggs get her in orbit with joy. I keep chickens for the eggs, but I like getting my children involved, so they learn something and keep their interest piqued.

My original 5 are laying pretty regularly. The new girls are still getting acclimated to their new coop mates.

Last edited:
My little girl loves "pink" eggs, which is why the hunt for them.  My son loves the concept of Favorells (Chickens).  He saw a picture once and got excited.  I don't have a rooster or egg incubator at the moment.  But, some favorell chickens would make his day.
lol I understand completely my favorelle rooster got named black beard the first day he came home...the guy I got them from had another hen and rooster pair I think he wanted $40 for them I can ask him if he still has them

Back
Top Bottom