Texas

Welcome LarryTX, .

This is a great place to get very valuable information and make some friends along the way.
I am over in Aubrey (half way in between McKinney and Denton)

Lisa

Buggal - I know Aubrey there on FM 377. We use to drive through there going to the Pilot Point Livestock Auction. You have some beautiful horse ranches in your area. What type of poultry do you have?

Buggal - I know Aubrey there on FM 377. We use to drive through there going to the Pilot Point Livestock Auction. You have some beautiful horse ranches in your area. What type of poultry do you have?
I have a lot of chickens of all different kinds, 3 ducks (not sure of kind), 2 RP turkeys, and I am hatching more chickens every day. Today was a disappointment but it was to be expected. We got a new to us incubator (Little Giant) no fan and no digital display so it was really hard to regulate the temp. We put in 47 eggs and only 6 hatched. There were other issues. A majority of the eggs were found in a neighbors barn and we had no idea how long they had been there. We have made changes already to avoid this from happening again. We have gotten computer fans to put in the incubator and have purchased a thermometer/ hydrometer so we can keep it under control. Our next set of eggs to hatch is in 5 days. I just candled them and they are looking good. They are in an incubator that has proven to be good. Then the next set is due in 14 days. We dependently have the chicken math going on.
jumpy.gif

How about you LarryTX? What do you have?

Last edited:
We have new chicks!

Or broody Buff Orpington, just hatched at least one egg today. Although, all the hens lay in that particular nesting box so I don't know exactly whose eggs belong to who.
We have an Australorp and 4 gold sex-links as well as the BO. Our rooster is a blue OEGB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom