Texas

Mostly, I have no idea....LOL

What I do have are no more than a few months old and one is laying. I have two younger chicks, one is a bantam, and the other I don't know but I believe is a hen (only about 3 months old). I also have 2 ducks; one white that I believe is a drake and the other is a female mallard. Most of my birds came from Atwoods and the other two came from a friend of mine so they are mix.

If you post a few pics Im sure someone might be able to tell ya what you have.
Egg layers = Good!

Greetings from E Texas!! I'm a new chicken mama as of this summer with just 5 chickens....for now:)
frow.gif
Welcome from Rosenberg! I agree with Kiki....we need pictures.
big_smile.png

Welcome from Conroe TX Traci0214. I started with 3 Australorps. Which I now only have two hens and I also now have 11 mixed some barred rock and some Australorp. 2 cinnamon queens and 18 feathered feet bantams.

Rough weekend learning to treat sour crop in the last hen surviving from my first flock of 6 hatched from eggs. Keeping fingers crossed. Then taped up a broken toe on the Jersey Giant 3 week old chick... took out the branch I had in their rubbermaid tub as they were entirely too rowdy launching themselves on and off. Hopeful that keeping the grounded will prevent another toe jam.

Sorry to hear that Topdycke.
Were you able to treat the sour crop successfully?

***Did anyone read the latest headlines regarding the confirmed case of HPAI in Tennessee commercial flock?

Isn't this the same strain that has been all over Europe? And the same one that has required all chicken owners to keep their flock locked up, and no free ranging?

I guess this is the motivating factor for me to finally get the remainder of my run covered!!

FYI to those in or near Houston area:

Suddath moving company (Polk street) is selling huge storage crates for $125.00
They listed on Craigslist a few weeks ago, and have quite a few
Left.
I got one, and they are solid wood.
5x7 and 8' tall.
Great for converting into coop!!
1f603.png

Here is a pic of the one I got, and painted before all the rain!!

Training a Jack Russell to be around Chickens---- HELP!

I forgot to mention we have the coolest pup- Shiner, an 8 year old short haired Jack Russell Terrier. It's going to take some training but he should do OK with the chickens. I am going to have them in a large run most of the time but hope to train him to not try to eat them every time they are out--- Might be tough. Any suggestions?

Training a Jack Russell to be around Chickens---- HELP!

I forgot to mention we have the coolest pup- Shiner, an 8 year old short haired Jack Russell Terrier. It's going to take some training but he should do OK with the chickens. I am going to have them in a large run most of the time but hope to train him to not try to eat them every time they are out--- Might be tough. Any suggestions?
Years ago I bought this video - even if the video purchase isn't for you, the trailer has solid information - and I love the way he handles his dogs.

http://canterlc.com/StopChickenKillerDogs/site/pages/home/

good luck with the training.

Back
Top Bottom