Texas

Hi there! I live near Gilmer in East TX. We have 9 hens and a rooster, a duck and a drake, 20 cats and 6 dogs on our 4 acre homestead. We are planning to add more chickens, ducks and possibly some goats in the spring.
:eek: 20 cats?

Welcome aboard.

Welcome, Joshie! Sounds like you'll have a cozy little homestead by the time you add all those extra critters! BTW, my first ever college roommate lives in Gilmer!
How's the Frio River water level looking? We went this summer but couldn't float the river.
:barnie
I know to check the levels before we head that way again.
Doing so didn't even cross my mind last time.

I found this at HEB today.
It's great.
IMG_20190114_150309.jpg
IMG_20190114_150301.jpg
IMG_20190114_150255.jpg

My first time with a broody hen and she is hilarious. She comes off her nest once a day making the strangest noises and acts like a bridezilla having a melt down! She attacks the dogs if they are close, the cat, and the rooster. I know what those noises mean now.

She is so mental when off those eggs. Oh and leaves such a massive load on the ground too cecal mixed with the usual stuff. I usually try to catch her on her way out the door with a can of cat food for everyone's sake.

My first time with a broody hen and she is hilarious. She comes off her nest once a day making the strangest noises and acts like a bridezilla having a melt down! She attacks the dogs if they are close, the cat, and the rooster. I know what those noises mean now.

She is so mental when off those eggs. Oh and leaves such a massive load on the ground too cecal mixed with the usual stuff. I usually try to catch her on her way out the door with a can of cat food for everyone's sake.
How long has she been sitting on eggs? When are the babies due?

Back
Top Bottom