Texas

OMG my wife chicken facebooks with me and is now forcing me to listen to this song over and over. It is getting a bit cruel.
Manowar - Sons of Odin

It is only because I referred to her as a Teutonic Godess. German lady's can be cruel and lovely at the same time. Even though she was born in Murica.

I was drinking coffee when I read this. Wiping computer screen off now. You are funny!!

Thank you AllenK, 7acres, and all the others service for your service to our country. You have every right to be bitter. It irritates my husband and I to no end the way our veterans are being treated. We support several organizations for veterans.

I was drinking coffee when I read this. Wiping computer screen off now. You are funny!!

Thank you AllenK, 7acres, and all the others service for your service to our country. You have every right to be bitter. It irritates my husband and I to no end the way our veterans are being treated. We support several organizations for veterans.

Lisa, I am not a veteran. I hope I didn’t imply that in my comments. That is an honor I never earned. My father served in WW2 was wounded, captured for a short time. My son flew on AWACS. A brother in law retired out of Pentagon from Navy. Have a nephew who is Lieutenant in Navy and in Afghanistan now. I was in college during Vietnam era and under the draft system. Had number 116. I think they stopped drafting at 113. My father also had problems for life from things that occurred during the war. I understand the problems with the VA. But have to say that in many areas they have improved from when I used to take my father in but cannot say what happens behind the doors has or hasn’t improved. I took a disabled vet who used to work for me and is down on his luck an hour away last week to appointment to VA. I did notice that things and attitudes where I could see were better. But like I said I cannot speak about the treatment. I know I was frustrated with the quality of treatment my Father got. We have what we have because of their sacrifice.

Follow on post, I really wish I could get the medical care I require from the VA that would only cost the american taxpayer 10 dollars a month. Instead I have to go to the ER and cost us all 1700 or more per visit to get that care. It is more insane, or I have to buy drugs off the streets to detox from my scotch to avoid PTSD dreams from my time in service and the seizures from self detoxing. The VA is still a very broken system of medical treatment.

Thank god chicken's help alot with calming me. I am really hoping these silkies will do the trick on helping me turn my life around. I only give myself 5-10 more years without any real medical care.

God what a reminder, initially my homeowners policy paid off the house if I expire prematurely. I changed to Allstate and need to contact my agent and verify that is or isn't in place now.

Allen, thanks for your response. I want to respond later to your comments. They are touching and I want to ponder what you have written. Hope you have an uplifting day and continue to make progress with your projects.

I should have wiped the coffee off the screen better Allan!

My father, was under age, when he joined the Navy in WWII. My grandfathers fought in WWl. My Dad would never go to the VA because of the way they treated the veterans. He drilled that into my head until the day he died, "don't trust the VA".

I should have wiped the coffee off the screen better Allan!

My father, was under age, when he joined the Navy in WWII. My grandfathers fought in WWl. My Dad would never go to the VA because of the way they treated the veterans. He drilled that into my head until the day he died, "don't trust the VA".
They do really provide excellent care once you finally get "in", most times, for example yesterday I had a neurology exam with the neurologist. That was 4 months after my Primary Care Provider ordered the consult the MRI only took a week from the time she had ordered it. Anyways I can always take a free ride in the ambulance to the ER if needed so that is a plus, just I do not like the expense to our taxpayers.

Also, I do not like the fact that the VA has policies that restrict the Doctors from practicing actual medicine.

One other way to support vet's that is super easy in south Texas is to always drive past Walmart and shop at HEB.

edit- Also after "Harvey" hit how many Walmart emergency relief trucks did you see? I know HEB had their's on scene.

Last edited:
Allen, thanks for your response. I want to respond later to your comments. They are touching and I want to ponder what you have written. Hope you have an uplifting day and continue to make progress with your projects.
Oh yeah, I got to the local lumber store today that gives me excellent Disabled Vet rates, unfortunately that was at 2pm and they close at noon.

To be honest that was a good thing, because I wanted to order a load of 4ftx8ftx1/2in sheets of plywood. The framing out isn't even done yet so it was a silly idea. So today I went out with my notepad and figured out how many 4x4x10's and 4x4x8's and 4x4x12's I am going to need to "get her done" proper. Then of course I will be doing a full 360 degree hurricaine strapping of those 4x4 joints before I can ever consider putting up the exterior.

Oh yeah, I got to the local lumber store today that gives me excellent Disabled Vet rates, unfortunately that was at 2pm and they close at noon.

To be honest that was a good thing, because I wanted to order a load of 4ftx8ftx1/2in sheets of plywood. The framing out isn't even done yet so it was a silly idea. So today I went out with my notepad and figured out how many 4x4x10's and 4x4x8's and 4x4x12's I am going to need to "get her done" proper. Then of course I will be doing a full 360 degree hurricaine strapping of those 4x4 joints before I can ever consider putting up the exterior.
I have Lowe’s, McCoy’s and Home Depot near me. Went to HD to get 100 12x12 landscape blocks. Asked lady if they could bring them on pallet to my trailer. She said no because pallets cost $15. Said I didn’t want pallet just didn’t want to handle twice and push out several heavy carts. She called to see if they would. About 10 minutes later 3 guys showed up at front. Antimated discussion among them. Lot of head shaking. After several minutes with them still discussing I just walked out. Went to McCoy’s they brought them out and loaded them. Go to McCoy’s first now. HD only if the other two don’t have.

Well if there is a Zarsky's in your area, they just unload it all and deliver for free for me. Granted I am only 5 miles away from them, but get way better prices off them playing the disabled vet card vs the flat 10% from HD, or Lowes, plus no delivery charges. I will be using HD, and Lowes much less in the future.

My last quote for lumber was 168 after playing the disabled vet card 104 including taxes.

I have Lowe’s, McCoy’s and Home Depot near me. Went to HD to get 100 12x12 landscape blocks. Asked lady if they could bring them on pallet to my trailer. She said no because pallets cost $15. Said I didn’t want pallet just didn’t want to handle twice and push out several heavy carts. She called to see if they would. About 10 minutes later 3 guys showed up at front. Antimated discussion among them. Lot of head shaking. After several minutes with them still discussing I just walked out. Went to McCoy’s they brought them out and loaded them. Go to McCoy’s first now. HD only if the other two don’t have.
I do the same I walk out of stores frequently when the employees act like functionaly abnormal individuals.
I also fire certain VA providers for exactly the same reasons, then I report their behavior to a much higher level(VISN 19 if my memory is correct). I take names and kick assess whenever possible or required.
As a RN having a M-F 8-5 job is a total luxury that is something you do not ever want to lose as the only other options are usually 12 hour shifts with every other weekend free at any other institution. Plus a crappier health insurance plan.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom