Texas

I was impressed last week it looked like a shower set up over Kiki and dumped like 6-8 inches last week in one day in her part of HOU.
Some houses that didn't flood during last year's nasty hurricane flood did take on water last week.
:barnie
Not mine but darn I thought I was forever safe from flooding until last week.

That's Texas for you! No rain, constant rain, or way more than should be possible all at once only to disappear almost as quickly.

My sister and her family live in Santa Fe, near-ish Houston. Seems like every year they get lots of flooding at least once. Granted, we have been too the last few years but growing up, I would have sworn April and May were the only months rain happened more than once or twice lol

Some houses that didn't flood during last year's nasty hurricane flood did take on water last week.

Oh geez. Yeah I remember her sending me pictures back then. They managed to avoid getting flooded out even during Harvey but plenty of neighbors weren't as fortunate.

That's Texas for you! No rain, constant rain, or way more than should be possible all at once only to disappear almost as quickly.

My sister and her family live in Santa Fe, near-ish Houston. Seems like every year they get lots of flooding at least once. Granted, we have been too the last few years but growing up, I would have sworn April and May were the only months rain happened more than once or twice lol
I hope she doesn't have kids in high school.
It will be/is a year now since the school thing happened. :(

There was an old farmer they were interviewing on the Farm Report show that said Texas is in a constant state of drought interrupted by intermittent floods. He knew what he was talking about!

I hope she doesn't have kids in high school.
It will be/is a year now since the school thing happened. :(

Sadly, yes. My niece goes to the high school and was in the classroom next to where most of it occurred from what I understand. Thankfully she herself wasn't hurt or any of her close friends or boyfriend, but obviously she still knew those most affected and was quite shaken. My nephew is in the same school district but quite a bit younger. Crazy because I learned about it from a few close friends who remembered me freaking out over a scare there a year prior so they remembered the school name. I was at work and not allowed a phone so by the time I heard from them, everything was over. Scary stuff.

Where are you located??
I grew up in Kingwood, places that didn’t flood in Harvey (or the ‘94 and ‘98 floods) flooded these last few times - which is INSANE to me.. considering in ‘94 we had 7.5 feet of water and literally lost everything we owned.

Back
Top Bottom