Texas

My roos are lovely to the hens and each other...if I interact with them daily they tolerate me, but if I'm gone for a weekend and come back I'm the enemy when I bring food:confused: a bit sad because they used to jump in my lap in the lounge chair as juveniles but eh, gives me an excuse to hang out with my birds every day :D

Seeing all your hard work makes me feel like I really need to get in gear on my own new coop :oops:

Yep, pretty much sounds like my Rooster types of experiences. The problems all involved me doing the roosters job feeding the girls to make sure all crops are full and blasting with some cat food or treats which is "his/their" job finding treats for the gals. They(roo's)really gave me the "stink eye" watching the hens run at full speed straight across the yard to me whenever I had treats in my hands.

Also, procrastinating is my number one skill-set just ask @Texas Kiki she instructed me to build this coop on the 23rd of last month when I hatched out!

Last edited:
Forget the coop! Build an Arc. This rain is torrential & depressing. More on the way. Go to higher ground fellow Texans.
I don't want the rain but I have been watching for it all day.
I think my weather man like to me.
It's been dark and ugly all day but dry.

I don't want the rain but I have been watching for it all day.
I think my weather man like to me.
It's been dark and ugly all day but dry.
Sprinkling on this side of town with one, that's right ONE down pour as I was leaving the store. Such is my luck. Oh well. Shower is done for this week.

Weather man called for the storms to roll through here around 10...apparently they're moving slower than expected so it was after 1 before the bottom of the sky dropped out. Supposedly tomorrow we'll be teased with sunshine only to have another week of rain...at least the ducks will be happy I suppose.

On another note, Kiki I somehow stumbled my way into your balut thread and have been thoroughly entertaining myself for hours of backreading now. No spoilers please!:gig

Weather man called for the storms to roll through here around 10...apparently they're moving slower than expected so it was after 1 before the bottom of the sky dropped out. Supposedly tomorrow we'll be teased with sunshine only to have another week of rain...at least the ducks will be happy I suppose.

On another note, Kiki I somehow stumbled my way into your balut thread and have been thoroughly entertaining myself for hours of backreading now. No spoilers please!:gig
Oh boy...I was a little nuts back then.:th
I'm normal now, I promise.

I was impressed last week it looked like a shower set up over Kiki and dumped like 6-8 inches last week in one day in her part of HOU.

Back
Top Bottom