Texas

I woke up hungry this morning thinking about making a mung bean soup later. Definitely I'm not Indian or Thai , but wow those pealed split beans have me thinking about putting a rooster in the pot. I wont because the wife will not allow it. So Bill, Harvey and Buster are all safe. I'll probably go to the taco truck instead after chicken o'clock.

Sorry if that's not everyone's thing but those beans make a great soup base. Even if you go vegan just don't forget the pepper and spices.

Last edited:
New to chickens and new to this forum! Excited to be here from the Davis Mountains in far west Texas! Looking forward to learning and getting some fantastic eggs eventually. I couldn’t catch chicks at my local store so I ordered a variety of different ones to be shipped on April 13. Getting prepped and going to start building our coop next weekend!

New to chickens and new to this forum! Excited to be here from the Davis Mountains in far west Texas! Looking forward to learning and getting some fantastic eggs eventually. I couldn’t catch chicks at my local store so I ordered a variety of different ones to be shipped on April 13. Getting prepped and going to start building our coop next weekend!
We are looking forward to hearing about your adventure! If there is anything we can offer in the way of support let us know. @Kiki will tell you to get that coop built now and she was right with me it took me longer to get my chicken moved out of the house than I ever expected.

I am in Austin. Brand new to the backyard chicken project. I have 5 3 day old Ameraucanas along with 2 cats, a 17 y/o vcorgi/ chow mix, a 15 y/o chihuahua and Pomeranian. Looking forward to getting some good advice from people who have been raising chickens for awhile. Does any one know if there is any type of poultry club in the area? Thanks.
Welcome welcome..... Open her brain fill it with all the threads you can see.
Learn alot and enjoy some tea;
Fear-not, for there's no third degree.

Ask often, ask alot;
There's more where that came from.
From building a coop, to what's in your crock pot.
Enjoy the ride..... Night night y'all.

Hi I hope everyone is getting plenty of eggs!!! I have RIR left of the 10 I ordered from TSC last spring & they have finally started laying again!!!
We are still giving away eggs but thinking we need to put an eggs for toilet paper exchange rate board out front. Glad to hear that your hens are productive! Particularly in these times of stress.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom