Texas

Some people do not even mow/maintain what they own. Glad the county mowed. I need to look at taxes and see if we have a tax for mowing/maintenance.
Hmmmm, you got me wondering now.
I look at my land survey. If I and my bank don't own it it isn't mine to bother over, sure my lot looks bad but that is the drainage districts fault. My neighbors do treat it like they own it though. Across the street the neighbors mow an extra 1/3rd acre they do not own. I guess it makes her feel like she has a lot the size of mine. No clue on that one but I am not mowing someone elses lawn for free. I have enough grass as it is. Does anyone else in Texas live on one acre lots?

Last edited:
I look at my land survey. If I and my bank don't own it it isn't mine to bother over, sure my lot looks bad but that is the drainage districts fault. My neighbors do treat it like they own it though. Across the street the neighbors mow an extra 1/3rd acre they do not own. I guess it makes her feel like she has a lot the size of mine. No clue on that one but I am not mowing someone elses lawn for free. I have enough grass as it is. Does anyone else in Texas live on one acre lots?
One of ours is 2.5 acres, others are much smaller. Case in point Galveston is a zero lot line.....

Thinking about this, on all our lots there is no city/county mowing of the gutters.

Even this 2.5 with the drainage gully out back as well for utility access.... I mow that gully 1-3x a year to keep an eye on it. Neighbors mower it ALOT more frequently.
All our "front" gutters are actually "ours to mow" but, happen to be that ~20-30' easement for utilities from the centerline of the road... (Shrugs)

Just got through feeding/checking on my birds. The wind has shifted out of the East Northeast. You can see the outer bands, dark rain clouds, they appear to be over Victoria?....about 70 miles to the Southeast of my place. Here 'we go' ...just hope it doesn't get too bad! :fl

Last edited:
Just got through feeding/checking on my birds. The wind has shifted out of the East Northeast. You can see the outer bands, dark rain clouds, they appear to be over Victoria?....about 70 miles to the Southeast of my place. Here 'we go' ...just hope it doesn't get too bad! :fl
Rain here. Coming from the east/northeast. Radar looks like it might be a rain band off beta.

Back
Top Bottom