Texas

Gonna vent and give my thoughts on my little piece of heaven.
I'm trying really hard to look at the good side of drought.
It's hard.
6 drops is better than none
It's a promise that sooner or later the heavens will open the floodgates.
Then eventually, we'll all be asking
"When is the rain gonna stop"
Not TOO long ago central texas was a deep freeze, 6-8 inches of snow for over a week
REMEMBER?
And we wished for warm.sh.
Now, he'll on earth for over 2 months. We got our "warmer" wish.
This too shall pass, and we'll have other things to deal with.
As the old commercial said:
It's not nice to fool with mother nature.
RANT OVER!
thank you for letting me vent.

And from one of our local WX dudes….
946984E5-2393-4C95-9E49-7CCAE9F85516.jpeg

FD78F314-69EA-41EF-832E-87626BD9D68D.jpeg

And as a reminder from The Farmer Almanac:
8FB8644A-287C-44C0-BB26-0715A19DEBFE.jpeg

Seems they both are in agreement on Mid August precipitation….

Hi,
I just started my flock back in March with 4 Orpingtons. They just started laying this past week, and We've gotten a total of 9 eggs. The eggs are small, but I've been told they tend to start out small and will eventually reach the normal size for their breed. They lay at random times of the day, I got one egg this morning from one chicken, and another one around 5pm from a different chicken. I'm in Ben Wheeler, Texas and I love living here.

Hi,
I just started my flock back in March with 4 Orpingtons. They just started laying this past week, and We've gotten a total of 9 eggs. The eggs are small, but I've been told they tend to start out small and will eventually reach the normal size for their breed. They lay at random times of the day, I got one egg this morning from one chicken, and another one around 5pm from a different chicken. I'm in Ben Wheeler, Texas and I love living here.
See I mentioned this type of laying schedule to the husband who INSISTS I can "train" mine to lay in the morning. He says, get up, feed them, don't let them out to free range until about 10a.m. when according to him they will be done laying. Ugghhhhh.

Back
Top Bottom