Texas

This is what we're rocking at 8:30, everyone had a nice warm mash mixed with scrambled eggs before roost time. We'll see how my larger comb breeds do tonight

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221222-203011_Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20221222-203011_Weather.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 1
Yesterday evening, right before dark, i stupidly donned layers, and more layers, and stumbled out to coop. My birds were fine, My waterer in run was/is frozen, oh well, they don't drink at night so it wasn't critical at that time. I sat in coop, in my trusty fold up lawn chair. It was about 20⁰ degrees warmer, no drastice drafts. A little plastic/tarp flapping (which I hate), so I had stapler and tacked flappers down. It was brutal outside, inside coop, it was liveable. I could tolerate it, almost nice after being in the wind. So I quit worrying, I have done everything, short of packing em up and shipping them somewhere warmer. My rooster has a spot/sore on his comb. The girls have pecked it to bleed. I don't have any blucote, so..... I got creative. While doing my draft check, I came to house and grabbed a bottle of bluing from laundry room, grabbed rooster and squirted it on comb. I hope it doesn't cause frostbite, he was strutting around with a blue comb. Well see this a.m. when I check on em.

Back
Top Bottom