Texas

Tomorrow, the 4 week olds will be evicted outta their condo and moved to the coop for roost time. I'll be putting in a lower roost for them tomorrow and adding some more wood chips to the run. Hopefully if all goes well the current hatch (minus the ones being picked up) will be moving out of the house to the condo tomorrow as well. I'm so sick of chicks 😂 (as I set another batch of eggs for someone tomorrow🤦‍♀️) after that I'm seriously done for this year!!! I'm 💯 over it! I just want to grow out and get to know the ones I'm keeping and spend some time with my flock.

Tomorrow, the 4 week olds will be evicted outta their condo and moved to the coop for roost time. I'll be putting in a lower roost for them tomorrow and adding some more wood chips to the run. Hopefully if all goes well the current hatch (minus the ones being picked up) will be moving out of the house to the condo tomorrow as well. I'm so sick of chicks 😂 (as I set another batch of eggs for someone tomorrow🤦‍♀️) after that I'm seriously done for this year!!! I'm 💯 over it! I just want to grow out and get to know the ones I'm keeping and spend some time with my flock.
I feel the same. But I expect I'll have at least 3 to 4 more broody hens before summer is over. I almost always let them brood. I'm adding on to one of my bantam runs. I may build an additional coop&run for another set of bantams.

I feel the same. But I expect I'll have at least 3 to 4 more broody hens before summer is over. I almost always let them brood. I'm adding on to one of my bantam runs. I may build an additional coop&run for another set of bantams.
I haven't had any broodies yet, and 🤞 I don't cuz I'll probably let them hatch, but that's easy breezy, I don't have to do anything, lol. Do you have any pics of your project? I'd love to see

MVIMG_20230527_122710.jpg

I'll need to mow after we dry out a bit. Right now I'm working on making sure nothing floats away. (The picture is the space we often use to shoot in my yard. You can see the burm off to the right. Normally it's dry as a bone. Lmao)

Back
Top Bottom