Texas

I've sold about half of them. The rest of the people try to talk me down to $20 a bird or flake out and never show up.
I had this same issue when I was selling chicks this year "I'll give you $1 per chick," these aren't TSC chicks douche 🙄 Some folks just don't understand what quality is worth

I need some suggestions. I have five chickens. One of them is a crowing cockerel and another is probably just not crowing yet. I live in Carrollton, which is one of many cities that doesn't allow roosters. As soon as we heard the first crow we started visiting our neighbors and letting them know that we would be trying to rehome this guy asap. All of them seemed super okay with a rooster crowing in the neighborhood (hooray for multicultural neighbors!)
Then I broke my leg.
So here are the options that I'm seeing.

I have a brother in AZ who would take him if I could bring him out. I can't drive down the street, much less to AZ.

I might still be able to get in touch with an ex coworker who expressed an interest in owning chickens for eating. He's local but every time I mention him my mom looks sad and says to wait.

I'm kind of in favor of giving the neighbors lots of eggs and hoping for the best until I can drive, but it's kind of like having the sword of Damocles hanging over me.

In the meantime I'm asking everyone I know if they know of anyone who needs a rooster. Literally. I had to call the NTTA and I even asked the gal on the phone if she knew anyone.

What would you folks do?

I need some suggestions. I have five chickens. One of them is a crowing cockerel and another is probably just not crowing yet. I live in Carrollton, which is one of many cities that doesn't allow roosters. As soon as we heard the first crow we started visiting our neighbors and letting them know that we would be trying to rehome this guy asap. All of them seemed super okay with a rooster crowing in the neighborhood (hooray for multicultural neighbors!)
Then I broke my leg.

I have a brother in AZ who would take him if I could bring him out. I can't drive down the street, much less to AZ.

I might still be able to get in touch with an ex coworker who expressed an interest in owning chickens for eating. He's local but every time I mention him my mom looks sad and says to wait.

I'm kind of in favor of giving the neighbors lots of eggs and hoping for the best until I can drive, but it's kind of like having the sword of Damocles hanging over me.

In the meantime I'm asking everyone I know if they know of anyone who needs a rooster. Literally. I had to call the NTTA and I even asked the gal on the phone if she knew anyone.

What would you folks do?
Have you tried posting him on Craigslist? Or FB marketplace?

Then I broke my leg.

What would you folks do?
I messaged the one person I know if in the area, if they're interested I'll pm you.

And now for more of the same….

Hah! You thought I was gonna say that wonderful line from Monty Python eh?!

Hah. Nope. Here is my proof:
7E6E67FC-6384-4151-A820-FB09B21FDFD7.jpeg

EC13E0D5-1892-46BE-8767-F9C87ADE7943.jpeg

753ABD59-8373-48C1-8D24-8F8C3FCDE7B1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom