Texas

Yesterdays totals for 48+ of on and off rain.

IMG_7313.jpeg

IMG_7312.jpeg

That’s when I finally went to bed… got just over 3hrs sleep.
Last night in bed before 1AM, up about 7:30-ish feeling better.

Ok so I live in Texas and I don’t know if I should ask here but would this be something I could convert to a coop? It doesn’t really get any shade and that’s why I’m worried. I would shade the big run I enclose it with so shade cloth could run across the top of the coop. I’m just trying to be frugal but I do have some spots that get a lot of late day shade I could build from scratch on and just build everything from pallets. I am NOT bob the builder so this would also be easier lol. Oh and the shed is about 7.75 ft x 7.75 ft inside wall to wall and I’d start with a few hens at first but maybe this could fit 8 total?

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend :)

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpeg
    IMG_0038.jpeg
    809.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0040.jpeg
    IMG_0040.jpeg
    699.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0039.jpeg
    IMG_0039.jpeg
    690.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    663.4 KB · Views: 3
That first one bled alot.
Ok so I live in Texas and I don’t know if I should ask here but would this be something I could convert to a coop? It doesn’t really get any shade and that’s why I’m worried. I would shade the big run I enclose it with so shade cloth could run across the top of the coop. I’m just trying to be frugal but I do have some spots that get a lot of late day shade I could build from scratch on and just build everything from pallets. I am NOT bob the builder so this would also be easier lol. Oh and the shed is about 7.75 ft x 7.75 ft inside wall to wall and I’d start with a few hens at first but maybe this could fit 8 total?

I'm gona say yes. It needs alot of ventilation added tho. And shade cloth is a good idea.

Ugh got nailed today by Sultan. Not his fault really. One of my friends girls was wearing a big long over shirt w/ frills on the bottom and the wind blew it up. It looked like a rooster puffing up his neck. He kicked at her once and I stepped between and got hit the next few times.

View attachment 3767820
View attachment 3767821
Keep an eye on that. Use antibiotic cream, watch for red streaks and warmth in the area. I hope you heal quickly.

Cut some windows and cover them with 1/2" hardware cloth and use plenty of shade cloth. You could put some pallets on cement block outside to help provide shade and protection from arial predators.

Back
Top Bottom