Texas

Wind knocked out power here in new waverly for a while last nite...chicks werent happy about it but all is well that i have seen so far! Dogs are even still in the yard!

Wind knocked out power here in new waverly for a while last nite...chicks werent happy about it but all is well that i have seen so far! Dogs are even still in the yard!

no power loss here.. thankfully..

Now all I have to do is wait for enough daylight to go out and start cleaning up the damage

I did notice that by about 2 AM the wind had died down a good bit.. so hopefully everything else is still standing..

Oh good golly the wind was gusting up to I dont' know what here in Houston yesterday. I'm not surprised it knocked out the power in places. It was awful!

But I did get a decent picture or two of my babies, the Buff Orpingtons I got from thedragonlady in South Carolina and naturally want to show them off. They are not quite 5 months old and were out in the front messing up my rosebed yesterday evening:

I have been fallowing that EO thread and I tell you I'm so green with envy over those birds, I want a trio of each color lol
Oh good golly the wind was gusting up to I dont' know what here in Houston yesterday. I'm not surprised it knocked out the power in places. It was awful!

But I did get a decent picture or two of my babies, the Buff Orpingtons I got from thedragonlady in South Carolina and naturally want to show them off. They are not quite 5 months old and were out in the front messing up my rosebed yesterday evening:

We had some pretty wicked winds; but, interestingly enough, the only thing blown around was a blanket I'd left on the chairs out front. Some of our neighbours had their trees uprooted and parts of their roofs blown off. But, we didn't have any damage - thank TPTB.

All the chickens came tumbling down their ramps this morning and dove right into their fermented mash. Even my husband was saying it smelled good enough to eat. That's kinda crazy. I took the fermented mash/grain mix and stirred in some dried berries (were going bad so I dried them out) and some of the glaze I had used on the cornish hens the other night (molasses, honey, orange juice and beer). It was almost all gone by the time I had finished penning them back in. Glad they like it so much.

Here in San Marcos, I wasn't sure if anything would be standing by morning.

One or two trees were uprooted, and we lost lots of branches.

Most of the chickens went inside to get away from the wind, but I few waited it out huddled together. I ran them inside their hoop coop, as it would be the safest structure (unless a tree fell on it.).

Glad it is over (mostly).

well.. all we lost was the horses shed and the tarps on the hoop coops (all the tarps are still on.. just shredded).
The only branches down are little twiggy things.. just enough to be an annoyance when I run the lawnmower.. lol.. at least bigger branches would make decent firewood.. (not that I'm complaining)

Hey all, new guy here. Located in San Antonio. The wife and I hope to buy some property south of town in the next year or so and one of the first things I want to do is start raising chickens. that is how I found this board, google, lots of great info here I am already learning a lot.

John

Hey all, new guy here. Located in San Antonio. The wife and I hope to buy some property south of town in the next year or so and one of the first things I want to do is start raising chickens. that is how I found this board, google, lots of great info here I am already learning a lot.

John

Welcome to the madness. Any idea what kind of chickens you're looking to have? Meaties, egg layers, dual purpose? Any particular breed or just "whatever does well"?

well.. all we lost was the horses shed and the tarps on the hoop coops (all the tarps are still on.. just shredded).
The only branches down are little twiggy things.. just enough to be an annoyance when I run the lawnmower.. lol.. at least bigger branches would make decent firewood.. (not that I'm complaining)
That's better than some. My boss lost three trees - thankfully none of them hit a structure. She's trying to get the place ready to sell. Another coworker lost a good portion of his roof. Craziness.

Back
Top Bottom