Texas

Are there any other fellow Texas who are participating in the NYD (New Years Day) Hatch? : )

~ Aspen
I am. I set 30 eggs (OE, EE & mixed) today for a Christmas hatch and what ever we get this next week is going in for a NYD hatch
jumpy.gif

I am. I set 30 eggs (OE, EE & mixed) today for a Christmas hatch and what ever we get this next week is going in for a NYD hatch
jumpy.gif
Fun stuff! I set 20 Duck eggs today, and may set a couple dozen chicken eggs, not sure if I'll save the eggs I have collected and set them with the other eggs on the 11th for the NYD hatch, or if I'll set some chicken eggs now and then next week? : ?
Can someone tell me how it works?
Go to "Incubating and Hatching Eggs" and you'll see the the "4th Annual BYC NYD Hatch-a-long..click on that link and you'll see. : ) Hope you can join!

Pretty much we all set eggs (Chicken) next Tuesday (11th), then they'll hatch New Years Day. Fun!

~ Aspen

Hello Little Wing - I'm new but I see were neighbors - I'm in the Beaumont are - Texas being so big I figure if your within 60 miles your a neighbor - happy to meet you - guess I read the link so I'll know a little of what's being talked about

Hello Little Wing - I'm new but I see were neighbors - I'm in the Beaumont are - Texas being so big I figure if your within 60 miles your a neighbor - happy to meet you - guess I read the link so I'll know a little of what's being talked about
Hey chicki-vicki. Welcome! Yeah 60 miles in Texas isn't very far. The Gulf coast is a great place to raise chickens. It doesn't freeze (Well we didn't last year) and there is usually a nice sea breeze coming in to keep it cool. I haven't been on BYC that long but have met some great people here. Hope your coop is finished by spring. I will have some Olive Eggers, Easter Eggers and some pure Ameraucanas (Black and Lavender) by then so if you need anything just give a shout.

Attention Central Texas !

The 5th Annual Austin Funky Chicken Coop Tour gears are a turning.

It is time to start sprucing up your coops and getting in your applications for the 2013 Funky Chicken Coop Tour on March 30, 2013.

If your coop is in the Austin City Limits and meets all code requirements for the City of Austin and your home owners or HOA association, you might be strutting your stuff (chicken stuff that is) for all to see on March 30, 2013.

Your coop doesn’t have to be funky or fancy, but it does need to be predator proof and protect your birds from the elements.

Show us what you have !

Check out www.austincooptour.org for complete guidelines and an application. Deadline for applications is January 18, 2013. No exceptions.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom