Texas

I think that dog would happen to find itself at the end of my 20 gauge or at least make a mysterious road trip to the pound (I don't know I felt guilty and had to turn myself in) a had a horse do that once, she climbed through the fence and walked her happy self half a mile down to the pound walked in the gate and over to one of the stalls and starred eating hay. I still get a laugh out of it
Mother-in-laws dog...even worse. He is responsible for what i believe about 12 chicken deaths...

Mother-in-laws dog...even worse. He is responsible for what i believe about 12 chicken deaths...
This may seem harsh but: SSS....... Shoot, Shovel and Shut Up.

If she can't keep her dog from killing your chickens then that is what happens. If her dog went on someone elses property and killed their chickens she would be financially responsible for the losses. And they have the right to kill the dog because it is a predator.

Hi ya'll. I've been here at BYC for awhile but I don't believe I've introduced myself here on the Texas thread yet? I'm in Wild Peach Village which is between Brazoria and West Columbia in Brazoria County which is just south of Houston. We just bought a house and a couple of acres there and will be all moved in this week. So if there is a list still going of where everyone is located, could someone add me to the Brazoria County area please?
It's just me and the Hubbster now. All of our kids are grown and we have 6 grandkids that come see us and the chickens often. We currently have a mess of chickens and Yorkies but will be expanding our flock and adding ducks, quail, rabbits and goats very soon. Our current flock consists of Light Brahmas, Buff Orpingtons, Golden Comets, Silkies, French Black Copper Marans, and Tolbunt Polish. We will be adding Light and Speckled Sussex, Delaware's, and Barred Rocks soon and we are always on the lookout for new bloodlines of our FBCM and Tolbunts, so if there is anyone within driving distance of me that breeds any of these and sales eggs, chicks or pol's give me a holler and we'll get together. We are also looking at adding some Saxony and/or Swedish Blue ducks after we get the chickens all settled in from the move.
We will be selling eggs and chicks and need to get our NPIP certification so if any knows how we get that going or who to contact for our area, it would be greatly appreciated. We want to stay legal and keep our flock and ourselves protected, so any info or assistance in this regards would be wonderful!

BellaRose

Welcome StudioBellaRose! You don't have to have the NPIP to legally sell birds, but you do need the Texas Pullorum-Typhoid Certificate. Call 979-845-4186 and they can give you the information you need to contact the testing agent for your area. And, it's free of charge.

Was inspecting my chicks this evening and turns out when i purchased 3 sexed pullet cuckoo marans, turns out i think i got a trio. One of them has a nice comb comin already, 5 points easily visable and sigs of wattles to come. He is also a lot light than the other two!

They are about 6-8 weeks old and waitin on me to catch up! Good thing this is a 3 day weekend! I will try to get some pics up by then!

Hello, I'm new to this website, just learning how to navigate, it's not to compatible with my phone, but just wanted to share. I'm in Manor, Texas, just outside if Austin, this is my first year of having hens, I have 3, they just started to lay April 1,(. My birthday:))
I got a few rubber eggs, but I got a really weird egg the other day, I posted the pics on anither thread, not sure if you corn see them. Pleaser let me know if you have ever seen this! And if so what can I do to stop it? Thanks:);)

Back
Top Bottom