Texas

Keep em coming italia! We love pics!

Not sure about your first mysteryx chick, but the second almost looks like a game of some kind. Are they bantam or LF?
The little red and white one is twice as small as all the others at the same age so I suspect she might be bantam. They were out of an exotic layers collection so who knows what. I thought that the tall one looked gamey as well. She is all legs.

Thanks for the tips. I tried it for a long time with my chicks but it got to time consuming since I didn't have enough birds to eat it then it would get gross. Sure gave them a healthy start though! Never had any health issues!
I love fermented feed.  I started it last October in one 5 gallon bucket......

Last edited:
big_smile.png
What a great pic this is! I can just imagine what they might me saying..."hurry up, my turn!" or "That Gretta...always taking her sweet time soaking her scaley feet!" LOL!!!
yuckyuck.gif

Hi guys. Long time no see, I know...

We had most of our chickens stolen by a neighbor... We have since strengthened our fence, and we are looking to grow our flock back up again. I have some eggs in the 'bator, but it would be really nice to add a few adult layers and a nice strong roo. Does anyone near East Texas or DFW have any adults for sale or trade? Not sure what I would trade, but I can see what I can do. Maybe some hay or a part of my first male lamb...

Anyway, please let me know if you can help.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Long time no see, I know...

We had most of our chickens stolen by a neighbor... We have since strengthened our fence, and we are looking to grow our flock back up again. I have some eggs in the 'bator, but it would be really nice to add a few adult layers and a nice strong roo. Does anyone near East Texas or DFW have any adults for sale or trade? Not sure what I would trade, but I can see what I can do. Maybe some hay or a part of my first male lamb...

Anyway, please let me know if you can help.
Oh no! That's horrible. Maybe you should band your new birds so you can make sure to identify them if the neighbor lifts them again? Did they process them or just steal them? Geez.... I am in Flower Mound now and a friend has some roosters she needs to get rid of, let me check with her what breed they are.

Oh no! That's horrible. Maybe you should band your new birds so you can make sure to identify them if the neighbor lifts them again? Did they process them or just steal them? Geez.... I am in Flower Mound now and a friend has some roosters she needs to get rid of, let me check with her what breed they are.
I caught her this morning, but when I called the police, she pulled the whole "what chickens?" bit. They weren't running around there, so I assume she processed them. We both have large acreage, though, so she could have put them somewhere away from her house. The cops said it was a civil issue... makes me want to tote around my "law enforcement" device...

Grrr... I guess I'm a bit cranky today.

Back
Top Bottom