Texas

Troyer is a great guy and has some really nice birds. I am glad you are getting them from a breeder and not frim a hatchery. All but one hatchery (that I know of) all get there Cubalayas from the same line and that line has a genetic heart defect. As far as showing them, you should know that Cubalayas are in the rebuilding stage and an actual show quality Cubalaya line does not exist outside of Sam Brush's line. Getting a show quality bird will be a long hual and be very a costly project.

LOL!  Hey! I have eaten some possum in my day.  Of course I was cut off and starving to death in the jungles of Guatamala at the time, but that is besides the point. 
:lau

I didn't plan on getting any real good cubas yet... Not till we get out to the stix! Then I will have time and space to do the massive hatches I have read about on the thread!
As for the possum issue... Think about it like this.... If this country continues down the path she is going,there will be alto of people that won't be able to afford anything! Like that hasn't already happened...
What if that possum was the only meat you have seen in weeks? Or what if you go to a family reunion, and cousin PJ brought some stew (it was a pot luck) and convenient know.... But it was Delicious!!! Then auntie Jean told you it was possum... Remember... It was Delicious!!!! Lol I'd eat it... But that's the soldier in me... I'll be Eatin some squirrel if my aim is good!

I didn't plan on getting any real good cubas yet... Not till we get out to the stix! Then I will have time and space to do the massive hatches I have read about on the thread!
As for the possum issue... Think about it like this.... If this country continues down the path she is going,there will be alto of people that won't be able to afford anything! Like that hasn't already happened...
What if that possum was the only meat you have seen in weeks? Or what if you go to a family reunion, and cousin PJ brought some stew (it was a pot luck) and convenient know.... But it was Delicious!!! Then auntie Jean told you it was possum... Remember... It was Delicious!!!! Lol I'd eat it... But that's the soldier in me... I'll be Eatin some squirrel if my aim is good!
If you are hungry enough, you will eat anything! We set up some different stuff in the field out front of the house for the rabbits and we have lots of em now. Figure if the SHTF then we have another food source as well as the deer and hogs.

Last edited:
Well, I haven't been on here the past couple days (I don't think anyone noticed, haha!). Loads of good things are happening right now. For one, my quail finally started laying eggs!

I think I only have one laying female, to be honest. Those extra five males....well, we'll see. Maybe one of them is a girl, haha!

Secondly, I have managed to integrate my fancy chicks into the flock! My little sultans, Frizzles and Cochin are all pretty happy to be out and about!

And last, but certainly not least, I finished painting my eggs! Dad didn't think I would, but I totally showed him! They are drying right now, though, so I'm staying away from the gloss fumes until they dry. Otherwise, I probably would have blown up this thread with pictures!

I feel so accomplished right now. :)

Back
Top Bottom