Texas

I didn't know cows would jump a fence, wow!

Good morning! It is already quite chilly here in N. Tx. 46* and dropping and boy is it windy! Brrrrrrrr!!! My house has very little insulation in the attic and none in the walls. I am not a fan of weather extremes. :/

Trying to decide if I should cover my basil or let it go for the winter. Do chickens like basil? I could give it my neighbour for her chickens. I did cut a bunch for me already.

I am starting this for supper so it will be ready for me when I get home from babysitting this afternoon. Yummy!

Have a good day!
Cows will jump over, go through, and sometimes go under. The neighbor's fence is not in the best shape plus he is NEVER home.

That recipe sounds YUMMY! I was going to have chili but might change my mind. :)

Good morning! That's funny. I guess if a cow can jump over the moon, a cow can jump over a fence.
lau.gif

Lisa :)

We had a blank angus heifer in our back pasture yesterday, too!

Last year at this same time we had about 20 cows removed from our property because they came through a down fence. It was too late to check the fence yesterday. Is it cattle rustling to keep her???????

The hubs thinks she is young, I think she looks pregnant and neither one of us knows a thing about cows!

I think it would only be considered rustling if you took her. Since she came to you, she is lost. You could keep her until the owner comes to fetch her, however long that may be. ;)

Look like Lisa will need a recipe for Beef steak this afternoon. Can you save me some Sirloin and T -bone sections.

I walked outside (San Marcos) at 10am and the wind had picked up so strong. I am not sure if this will affect my chickens or not. I will have to find out tomorrow as today I will be busy with some audits at work this afternoon. Hang in there ... chickens, I will be there tomorrow with some VetRx to keep ya warm.

Look like Lisa will need a recipe for Beef steak this afternoon. Can you save me some Sirloin and T -bone sections.

I walked outside (San Marcos) at 10am and the wind had picked up so strong. I am not sure if this will affect my chickens or not. I will have to find out tomorrow as today I will be busy with some audits at work this afternoon. Hang in there ... chickens, I will be there tomorrow with some VetRx to keep ya warm.
Probably silly question from a Beginner...but how is the VetRx going to keep them warm....is there another use for it beside mosquito & fly control???????? Inquiring minds want to know
pop.gif

I think it would only be considered rustling if you took her.  Since she came to you, she is lost.  You could keep her until the owner comes to fetch her, however long that may be. ;)

I've had to take off work three times for loose cows in our pasture and once for a loose rodeo horse. I think my "free" days are over. I'm going to start charging the owners, if found, for pasture and my time.

So says me, Grumpy Cat.

Quote:
VetRx is a medicine in a form of oil. It is used to prevent cold and is dropped into mouth or rub on face. It produces the effect of hot oil so we can use it to increase their heat internally and helps them fight back the cold. The use of preventing mosquito bite or keep fly away is side affects that it can have. Clearly rubbing it on their face or spraying on the body can produce some smell or bad taste to keep other insects away.

Back
Top Bottom