Texas

Here's my chickies!

These are Ameraucanas from Paul Smith, a breeder near Gainesville, Texas. He's the same breeder I bought my Ameraucanas from last year.

They were most uncooperative and turned their backs at every opportunity. They seem in really good shape. I think they were a little chilled when they arrived, but once they warmed up, they've been just great.

I DO love the Brinsea brooder! The only downside is that you can't see the chicks when they are under it. They react to it like it is their mother--when they are cold or frightened, they are under it. They are much quieter than I remember the chicks from last year, and I wonder if it because the brooder is more natural for them, so they are just generally less stressed. One of the little black ones is scratching for food so hard, he's almost falling over.

I tried to get pictures of their cute little faces with their muffs and beards. I don't know if you can see it on the blue chick (top left).

All twelve are in the picture below.

Absolutely adorable!!

This are some of my baby's. Only have about 50+. Won't stand still to count. Lol
Nice set-up!! How noisy are they?

Lisa :)

Thanks. This crud is hanging on. I was warned it would.
I have some exciting news!
I am not suppose to tell anyone yet. :) so keep the secret.
My son and his wife are expecting in Sept. I can't wait to meet my grandbaby. My son and daughter-in-law are so excited. Had to skip the hugs cause of being sick, but I'll get plenty soon.
I kept the secret for 3 days that's pretty good.

So exciting! Congratulations!
Glad they arrived safely!
Check out the Ellis County Poultry page on facebook!
There's a few people selling pullets and laying hens. I've heard good things about Neely Ranch too.
I know theres a few people in waxahaxhie selling[/quote]

Thank you so much! I didnt even know that page was out there and i will check out neely ranch.

Here's my chickies! These are Ameraucanas from Paul Smith, a breeder near Gainesville, Texas. He's the same breeder I bought my Ameraucanas from last year. They were most uncooperative and turned their backs at every opportunity. They seem in really good shape. I think they were a little chilled when they arrived, but once they warmed up, they've been just great. I DO love the Brinsea brooder! The only downside is that you can't see the chicks when they are under it. They react to it like it is their mother--when they are cold or frightened, they are under it. They are much quieter than I remember the chicks from last year, and I wonder if it because the brooder is more natural for them, so they are just generally less stressed. One of the little black ones is scratching for food so hard, he's almost falling over. I tried to get pictures of their cute little faces with their muffs and beards. I don't know if you can see it on the blue chick (top left). All twelve are in the picture below.
that are so cute. Makes me want to put my roo back in the coop?

Here's my chickies!

These are Ameraucanas from Paul Smith, a breeder near Gainesville, Texas. He's the same breeder I bought my Ameraucanas from last year.

I DO love the Brinsea brooder! The only downside is that you can't see the chicks when they are under it. They react to it like it is their mother--when they are cold or frightened, they are under it. They are much quieter than I remember the chicks from last year, and I wonder if it because the brooder is more natural for them, so they are just generally less stressed. One of the little black ones is scratching for food so hard, he's almost falling over.

I tried to get pictures of their cute little faces with their muffs and beards. I don't know if you can see it on the blue chick (top left)

All twelve are in the picture below.

Such cuties! I would love to have a blue anything, maybe one day once I've had chickens for a while. So you like the brooder? I ordered the Premier one which is similiar to the Brinsea. I felt it would be much safer and more natural for the chicks than the heat lamp. I would hate to catch my DH's shop on fire.
ep.gif

This are some of my baby's. Only have about 50+. Won't stand still to count. Lol
Lots of room! I like guineas. They are great watch dogs!

On Sunday evening I added two new hens to my two I already had. All four came from the same flock, my brother in laws. It seems like even though the flock was mixed, with welsummers, barred rocks, Rhode Island reds, and australorps. But it seems that the three welsummers get along better than the Rhode Island Red. She's always left out I think. Is it just a personality difference or are they "breedist"? She is usually the last one up, most picked on, and bottom of the pecking order.

On Sunday evening I added two new hens to my two I already had. All four came from the same flock, my brother in laws. It seems like even though the flock was mixed, with welsummers, barred rocks, Rhode Island reds, and australorps. But it seems that the three welsummers get along better than the Rhode Island Red. She's always left out I think. Is it just a personality difference or are they "breedist"? She is usually the last one up, most picked on, and bottom of the pecking order.

Pecking order. It is hard to watch some times. I have a mixed flock. One of my BO, Miss Priss, has always been on top. She is just big. I think the personality of the breed does effect it though. I have one sweet Barred Rock and the Brown Leghorns pick on her relentlessly.

Back
Top Bottom