Texas

It will be interesting to see what this little one turns out to be. His mother is a sebright while his father is my big mix roo. He hatched on March 20, He has a few feathers on his legs or hers. So far it appears to be going white but still has a few black feathers. This is not his mother but his mamma. It's small for it's age so I think it will be a smaller bird. In pic he's only 2 days old

Now the silver laced...might be a different story. If I"m lucky to get a roo out of the four I would like to breed them true and maybe sell the chicks....wait that's sounds too much like "chicken math"....anyway those I would not mix with my "mutt" roo.

And once you start all that breeding....hope you're ready to be under constant construction for chicken housing. :)

It will be interesting to see what this little one turns out to be. His mother is a sebright while his father is my big mix roo. He hatched on March 20, He has a few feathers on his legs or hers. So far it appears to be going white but still has a few black feathers. This is not his mother but his mamma. It's small for it's age so I think it will be a smaller bird. In pic he's only 2 days old

Kinda hard to tell at that age what they will be like, especially when it is a mixed breed.

Quote:
LOL! That is how I feel! I wanted to help breed and promote a breed, but the housing it would take just blew my mind. It sounds "so easy" until your try to do it
lau.gif
Dang chickens they get you so wrapped up!!!!

LOL! That is how I feel! I wanted to help breed and promote a breed, but the housing it would take just blew my mind. It sounds "so easy" until your try to do it
lau.gif
Dang chickens they get you so wrapped up!!!!

No joke. We have another big pen in progress and still have at least 2 more large ones to make and then we need to get more single male housing built. We have not stopped building chicken housing since we decided to breed seriously. And I've now got two different bloodlines that I need to keep separate, but then I may cross the bloodlines, so that is more housing that will need to be built. Even though the adults get banded, bands can come off and I don't want to risk getting birds mixed up from different bloodlines. It would be so much easier if we just had some nice chickens to lay breakfast for us.

And once you start all that breeding....hope you're ready to be under constant construction for chicken housing. :)
Yes..we know
Yes we are learning that...Already built a brooder coop, a peeper coop, commondeered a dog kennel for a hen and now a quick grow out pen. and if the sebright hatches any chicks it will start all over again. Already planning on adding another yard to the back of the barn especially if I have two more roos and I think we do. Will post some pics tomorrow y'all's opine.

Here is a young Oriental I have this year. He is a cross between Ganoi Vietnam and Thailand. Something in his throat prevents the noise from coming out when he crows so.. it's very low and barely can hear. He is perfect for raising in city, isn't he?

Back
Top Bottom