Texas

But u dont mess with my babies lol

I'm with ya on that one! Today the jerk with all the stray dogs kids walked by with 5 dogs off leash. I was in the shop mixing feed when my dog Rascal went nuts. I came running and saw 3 dogs at my fence staring at the chickens and the other 2 running up my driveway looking for a way in. I ran for my porch and grabbed my metal pipe (gun was inside the house), as they never come by in the mornings, only the late afternoon evenings. Which is why I do my feed mixing, coop cleaning and other chores in the morning. When I grabbed that pipe 1 kid got all upset and the other just stared at me. It felt like this punk 15 year old was daring me or something. I just watched the dogs pacing my fence and yelled when it looked like 1 would try jumping. I didn't say a word to those kids, but I was ready to go all Babe Ruth or Tiger Woods with those dogs heads if they came in my yard.

I'm with ya on that one! Today the jerk with all the stray dogs kids walked by with 5 dogs off leash. I was in the shop mixing feed when my dog Rascal went nuts. I came running and saw 3 dogs at my fence staring at the chickens and the other 2 running up my driveway looking for a way in. I ran for my porch and grabbed my metal pipe (gun was inside the house), as they never come by in the mornings, only the late afternoon evenings. Which is why I do my feed mixing, coop cleaning and other chores in the morning. When I grabbed that pipe 1 kid got all upset and the other just stared at me. It felt like this punk 15 year old was daring me or something. I just watched the dogs pacing my fence and yelled when it looked like 1 would try jumping. I didn't say a word to those kids, but I was ready to go all Babe Ruth or Tiger Woods with those dogs heads if they came in my yard.

Put up a hot wire fence on ur fence and they wont get so close to ur fence. That is how hubby and I trained our pit to stop jumping on fence when people walked by.

Now I have to decide if 11 hours of driving is worth getting more chickens. I don't know what to do!
barnie.gif
Well it's only 3 hours each way to Abilene, TX. You can get Privett Hatchery chicks from our local ACCO Feed shop pretty much year-round. They have chicks coming in at least weekly this time of year and they'll try to order what you request if the hatchery can supply it any given week. Right now they have a couple hundred chicks of different varieties, some baby turkeys as of last week, and sometimes some ducklings. Call to see what they might have in stock or when their next order is coming in. http://www.jacksonbrosfeed.com/acco.html

Also, look at Abilene's Craigslist, http://abilene.craigslist.org/
There's a local fellow who has a few different breeds for sale just NW of Abilene at Tye, TX. He currently lists fertile eggs but you could check to see if he has any pullets or adults he'd part with. Seems one or more of my silkies is constantly broody anyway so fertile eggs are easy for me. I just let the broody chickens do the hard work.

Clyde, TX is just another 10 minutes East of Abilene. http://abilene.craigslist.org/grd/4432698959.html

-Erik

Ken just want to let you know it is illegal to kill hawks or even shoot at them. Here is a part of what I found on the web
The red-tailed hawk occupies a wide range of habitats and altitudes, including deserts, grasslands, coniferous and deciduous forests, tropical rainforests, agricultural fields and urban areas. It lives throughout the North American continent, except in areas of unbroken forest or the high arctic. It is legally protected in Canada, Mexico and the United States by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

In the state of Texas, If a predatory animal is attacking your livestock it is legal to remove the threat by any means possible.

Back
Top Bottom